Aledo High School (Texas)
|Aledo High School|
|1000 Bailey Ranch Rd.
Aledo, Texas 76008-4407
|School type||Public high school|
|Motto||"Aspire to Excellence" |
|School district||Aledo Independent School District|
|Principal||Dan Peterson |
|Color(s)||Black & Orange|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAA|
|Website||Aledo High School|
Aledo High School is a public high school located in Aledo, Texas (USA) and classified as a 5A school by the UIL. It is part of the Aledo Independent School District located in south central Parker County. Along with Aledo, students attend from the towns of Annetta and Annetta South as well as portions of Annetta North, Hudson Oaks, and Willow Park. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
The Aledo Bearcats compete in these sports - 
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Powerlifting, Soccer, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball.
Aledo High School's most prominent athletic team is the Bearcat football team. Other sports having success are the boys golf team and the Ladycat softball team who also finished ranked #1 in the country in 2008. The 2008 Bearcat Tennis team, for the first time, was the District 6-4A champs with a perfect district season.
- Baseball - 
- Football - 
- 1998(3A/D1), 2009(4A/D2), 2010(4A/D2), 2011(4A/D2), 2013(4A/D2), 2014(5A/D1), 2016(5A/D2)
- Boys Golf - 
- 1978(1A), 2007(4A)
- Softball 
- 2008(4A), 2014(4A), 2015(5A)
Football Notes The Bearcat football team has won three consecutive state titles in 4A Division II and have a total of 7 titles. The 2013 team became the first team in high school history to score 1,000 points in a single season, and was also notable for the coach (after a 91-0 blowout of district rival Western Hills) having bullying charges filed by a parent of the losing team. Betsy Blaney of the Associated Press wrote that Aledo is a "powerhouse" in American football; since 2009 Aledo has won a football state title in every season except 2012.
Aledo High School's most prominent spirit organization is the Aledo High School Band (AKA Bearcat Regiment). The Regiment marching band was a UIL State Finalist in 2000 (3A), 2005 (4A), 2007 (4A), 2011 (4A)  and 2015. The Regiment for the first time receive the title of Super Regional Grand Champions in the 2A class in 2008 at the San Antonio BOA. In 2010 the Bearcat Regiment was for the first time a finalist at BOA Super Regionals in San Antonio. The concert band also received TMEA Honor Band State Finals awards in 2002 (3A) and 2007 (4A), and became The TMEA Honor Band State Champions in 2015 (5A). Also, the Aledo UIL academic team is an annual powerhouse in Texas. In 2009, the Current Issues and Events team and the Literary Criticism team won the state championship. The Current Issues and Events team successfully defended their state championship in 2010. In 2012, the Current Issues and Events team placed first. In 2011 the Social Studies Team won the state championship (4A) and was both district and regional champion.
- Aledo Principal
- Texas Tribune
- AHS Homepage
- "2015 Accountability Rating System" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-10.
- The Athletics Department
- UIL Baseball Archives
- Lone Star Football Network
- UIL Boys Golf Archives Archived 2011-07-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Softball Archives Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- Beard, Sterling (October 22, 2013). "Texas High School Football Blowout Leads Parent to File Bullying Accusation". National Review. Archived from the original on 2013-10-29.
- Blaney, Betsy. "Texas dad alleges bullying in 91-0 football game." Associated Press at the Houston Chronicle. October 22, 2013. Retrieved on October 22, 2013.
- Lone Star Football Network
- UIL Boys Soccer Archives Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- Aledo High School Band
- UIL Texas State Marching Band Contest, Conference 4A Finals Results
- UIL Lone Star Cup Champions