Alegrijes y Rebujos
|Alegrijes y Rebujos|
Alegrijes y Rebujos promotional poster
|Directed by||Alejandro Álvarez
Miguel de León
Luis Roberto Guzmán
Rosa María Bianchi
Luz Elena González
|Theme music composer||Alejandro Abaroa|
|Opening theme||Alegrijes y Rebujos by Children's cast|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||135|
|Executive producer(s)||Rosy Ocampo|
Televisa San Ángel
Mexico City, Mexico
|Running time||41-44 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||August 4, 2003 – February 20, 2004|
|Preceded by||De pocas, pocas pulgas|
|Followed by||Amy, la niña de la mochila azul|
Alegrijes y Rebujos (English title: Don Darvelio's Secret) is a Mexican children's telenovela produced by Rosy Ocampo for Televisa in 2003. Which became very popular with children and adults in 2003-2004.
On August 4, 2003, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting Alegrijes y Rebujos weekdays at 4:00pm, replacing De pocas, pocas pulgas. The last episode was broadcast on February 20, 2004 with Amy, la niña de la mochila azul replacing it on February 23.
Miguel de León, Jacqueline Bracamontes, Luis Roberto Guzmán and the leading actor Héctor Ortega starred as protagonists, María Chacón and Miguel Martínez starred as child protagonists known as the "Alegrijes", while Rosa María Bianchi starred as adult antagonist, Allison Lozz, Diego Boneta and Jesús Zavala starred as child antagonists known as the "Rebujos", Arath de la Torre, Roxana Castellanos, Ruben Cerda, Salvador Sánchez, Luz Elena González, Eugenia Cauduro (later changed by Cecilia Gabriela) and Sebastián Rulli starred as stellar performances.
Alegrijes y Rebujos follows the story of the ghost of an eccentric millionaire, Don Darvelio, who is said to haunt the mansion. With a jealous stepmother, an inattentive father and a mean brother, Sofia has many problems.
Nonetheless, she wants to find out if there really are ghosts in the mansion, inhabited now by a strange former servant named Chon. Sofia secretly enters the mansion to recover a picture of her mother, who died when she was a baby.
There, she meets Alfonso, Chon's grandnephew. To their amazement, the children discover Don Darvelio is not dead, and he is the one who has been "haunting" the mansion for the last few years.
The old man finds the happiness he had been yearning for in Sofia and Alfonso and he names them "Alegrijes" (or Happies) who enjoy life, never lose hope, share good and bad times, and keep the wonderful gift of amazement.
Sofia, Alfonso and Don Darvelio have incredible adventures that they share with other neighborhood children: Allison, Ricardo, Ernestina, Pablo and even Esteban, Sofia's disagreeable brother.
Don Darvelio decides to transform his mansion into a place where all the children and their families can live together. However, he becomes seriously ill with the arrival of Helga, his wicked ex-wife, who wants to take over the mansion and destroy the dreams and love the old man has created.
In order to overcome Helga and her mean allies, the "Rebujos" (or Grumpies), the children must employ their best values: friendship, truthfulness, fair competition, love, and happiness.
- Jacqueline Bracamontes as Angélica Rivas Márquez
- Miguel de León as Antonio Domínguez
- Luis Roberto Guzmán as Bruno Reyes
- Rosa María Bianchi as Helga Aguayo Vargas "La Rebruja"
- Hector Ortega as Don Darvelio Granados Linares
- María Chacón as Sofia Domínguez "Chofis"
- Miguel Martínez as Alfonso Pascual "Alcachofa"
- Diego Boneta as Ricardo Sánchez Gómez
- Jesús Zavala as Esteban Domínguez Goyeneche
- Allisson Lozz as Allison Rebolledo
- Nora Cano as Nayelli Sánchez Gómez
- Roxana Castellanos as Elvira Gómez de Sánchez
- Arath de la Torre as Matías Sánchez
- Rubén Cerda as Rodolfo Maldonado "Fito"
- Adriana Laffan as Flor Cárdenas de Maldonado
- Olivia Bucio as Teresa "Tere" Aguayo Rosas de Garza
- Eugenia Cauduro as Mercedes Goyeneche de Dominguez #1
- Cecilia Gabriela as Mercedes Goyenehe de Dominguez #2
- Salvador Sánchez as Asunción "Chon" Yunque
- Raquel Pankowsky as Consuelo "Chelito" Márquez Vda. de Rivas
- Alfonso Iturralde as Santiago Garza
- Luz Elena González as Irina Calleja
- Sebastián Rulli as Rogelio Díaz Mercado
- Michelle Álvarez as Ernestina Garza Aguayo "Tina"
- Tony Cobián as Pablo Maldonado Cárdenas "El Chuletón"
- Alejandro Contreras as Alejandro
- Margarito as Reficus
- Andrés Salas as Luis Domínguez
- Rogelio Báez as El Chompi
- Salvador Garcini as Lorenzo
- Paco Ibáñez as Captain Sangre
- Aida Pierce as Madam Meshú
- Archie Lafranco as Guarura
- Odín Dupeyrón as Lupillo
- Hector Parra as Enrique
- Hector Cruz as Polo Velarde
- Jose Antonio Ferral as Police
- Alejandro Villeli as Elf magic
- César Castro as Lawyer
- Juan Romanca as Doctor
- Radamés de Jesús as Veterinario
- Martha Sabrina as Margarita
- Carlos Speitzer as Child dimension of darkness
|2004||22nd TVyNovelas Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Arath de la Torre||Nominated|
|Best Female Revelation||Jacqueline Bracamontes||Won|
|Premios INTE||Young Program of the Year||Rosy Ocampo|
- Disco Alegrije (2003)
- Disco Rebujo (2003)
- Navidad Alegrije (2003)
- Navidad Rebujo (2003)
- Alegrijes y Rebujos en Concierto (2004)
- "¡Qué cambiazo! Así luce el elenco de "Alegrijes y Rebujos" 12 años después" (in Spanish). univision.com. April 21, 2016. Retrieved May 24, 2016.