||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Roberto Bogue Gómez
Mexico City, Mexico
|Occupation||Actress, TV Host|
Bogue's career began in the early 1980s as a dancer in various nightclubs in Mexico City and Acapulco. In the early 1990s she made her debut in the Teatro Universitario performing the play Baal by German modernist playwright Bertolt Brecht, directed by Jose Luis Cruz. In 1993 she won an award from the Mexican Association of Theatre Critics (AMCT).
Bogue continued to perform on stage throughout the 1990s. She worked with Mexican stars including Patricia Reyes Spindola, Adriana Roel, and Darío T. Pie. She then returned to the nightclub with Las Hermanas Vampiro. Bogue met the Mexican television host, actor, and journalist Horacio Villalobos in 2001 through the transgender singer and actor Daniel Vives. In 2001 she began to collaborate with Villalobos on his television program Valvula de Escape on the music channel Telehit. In 2001, inspired by Saturday Night Live, Villalobos produced Desde Gayola, a segment of sketches which [Bogue] says are designed: "to make the audience laugh and make it think through the comedy about the world in which we live". She played the characters: La Tesorito, a parody of Mexican actress and singer Laura León; Tearruina Fernández, an imitation of Mexican television host Talina Fernandez; and Sonia Infame, an imitation of Mexican actress Sonia Infante. Bogue officially entered the television group Televisa in February 2002, also obtaining the post of Costume Coordinator on the music video network Telehit. Although the comedy sketch Desde Gayola started on television as part of Valvula de Escape, it also toured the country with stage shows. Bogue participated in the comedy program Había una vez...Desde Gayola, between 2003 and 2005.
In early 2006, Bogue left Desde Gayola, apparently due to personal and work differences with Villalobos claiming to have worked in poor conditions and have no support from the company. Desde Gayola was cancelled by Telehit in August of that year.
In late 2006, Bogue joined the program Guau!, a magazine format television show produced and broadcast by Telehit since 2005.
In 2008, Bogue produced and starred in the lead role of the Telehit sitcom ¡Que show con Alejandra Bogue! on which she acts, sings, and dances. The TV show is a mosaic of sketches with a series of characters. This show also featureed versions of famous videos, interpreted by Bogue herself. She did impersonations of figures like Madonna, Annie Lennox, and Nina Hagen among many others. Another aspect of the show was that it served as a forum for various social movements in the country by allowing artistic expression, and providing alternative films and videos. It also supported a diversity of major artists of the cultural scene including: Fashion designers, writers, and dancers from the National Dance Company, to name a few.
In 2010, Bogue was chosen to be part of the Mexican stage version of the film Todo sobre mi madre by Pedro Almodóvar in the role of the transsexual character of Agrado, played in the film by the Spanish transgender actress Antonia San Juan. For the role, many transsexual actresses auditioned, but Francisco Franco, director of the stage play, finally chose Bogue. The stage play was a box office success in the Teatro de los Insurgentes in Mexico City. Besides Bogue, it featured performances by Lisa Owen Margarita Gralia and Ana Claudia Talancon.
- Guau! (2006)
- Valvula de Escape (2001)
- La despedida de Eugenio (Short) (2009)
- Acapulco Golden (short) (2005)
- Sin ton ni Sonia (2004)
- Popis (short) (2004)
- Casting ...Busco fama (short) (2003
- Seres Humanos (2001)
- Money Shot (short) (1994)
- En vivo, en puntas con la Bogue (2011)
- Todo sobre mi madre (2010)
- No soy Madonna, pero soy la Bogue (2008)
- Había una vez: Desde Gayola. Foro Living / Mascabrothers show center (2005 - 2006)
- Desde Gayola, El show. Foro Living (2003 - 2004)
- El show de las hermanas Vampiro (2000-2002)
- Dos Gardenias (1999)
- Las Criadas (1998)
- Cuando la higuera reverdezca (1997)
- Danzas Efímeras (1997)
- Proyecto Cancún (1997)
- Elegía para las almas ausentes (1996)
- Nocturno grito (1996)
- Bajo el sigilo de la Luna (1996)
- Divertidus Generación 2000 (1996)
- Ocurrencias de hoy (1995)
- Actos de fé para los mirones (1995)
- Un viaje para Nítida (1995)
- Ángeles de hoy (1994)
- La Fábrica (1994)
- Mishima (1993)
- Las Ruinas de Bernarda Alba (1992)
- 15 000 Voltas, versión pantimedia (1991)
- Baal (1991)
- No soy Madonna, pero soy la Bogue
- "Estrellas que cambiaron de género y triunfan en una segunda piel". 9 June 2015. Retrieved 9 June 2015. (Spanish)
- / espectaculos/71281.html El Universal - Se empaña aniversario de Telehit
- esmas.com ¡Que show con Alejandra Bogue!
- Almodóvar avala la obra Todo sobre mi madre