Ribera at Luminato 2014
|Genres||Indie pop, Indie folk, Folk|
Alejandra Ribera is a Canadian singer-songwriter, who performs material in English, French and Spanish.
Of mixed Argentine and Scottish descent, Ribera was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, and has been professionally based in Montreal, Quebec. She released her debut album, Navigator/Navigateher, in 2009, and followed up with La Boca in 2014. NPR's Alt.Latino referred to La Boca and her voice as Alt.Latino's favorite of 2014.
In 2014, Ribera's song "I Want" won the SOCAN Songwriting Prize, an annual competition that honours the best song written and released by 'emerging' songwriters over the past year, as voted by the public.
Her third album, This Island, was released in 2017.
- "Alejandra Ribera vous invite au voyage". Métro Montréal, June 25, 2014.
- "Alejandra Ribera Wins 2014 SOCAN Songwriting Prize". Exclaim!, July 8, 2014.
- "Alejandra Ribera’s La Boca: an exotic and cosmopolitan second album". The Globe and Mail, January 31, 2014.
- "Hear The Songs Alt.Latino Missed In 2014". NPR.org. 11 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Alejandra Ribera Danced Her Way to Inspiration on New Album 'This Island'". Exclaim!, February 10, 2017.
|This article about a Canadian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|