Alejandro Santo Domingo
|Alejandro Santo Domingo|
Alejandro Santo Domingo Dávila|
13 February 1977
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Occupation||Business executive, financier|
|Net worth||$4.6 billion (January 2017)|
|Spouse(s)||Lady Charlotte Wellesley (m. 2016)|
Julio Mario Santo Domingo|
Julio Mario Santo Domingo, Jr. (half-brother)|
Andrés Santo Domingo (brother)
Tatiana Santo Domingo (niece)
Lauren Santo Domingo (sister-in-law)
Alejandro Santo Domingo Dávila (born 13 February 1977) is a Colombian-American financier and philanthropist.
Early life and education
He is the son of Colombian billionaire Julio Mario Santo Domingo and his second wife, Colombian socialite Beatrice Dávila. He is the brother of Andres Santo Domingo Dávila and half-brother of Julio Mario Santo Domingo Braga (1958 – March 2009), who was the only child of Julio Mario Santo Domingo and his first wife, Brazilian socialite Edyala Braga.
His work centers on managing his family's conglomerate, the Santo Domingo Group. He is the chairman of Grupo Empresarial Bavaria S.A., a privately owned subsidiary of SABMiller, of which he is vice-chairman for Latin America. His partner is his maternal cousin, Carlos Alejandro Pérez Dávila, a former Goldman Sachs investment banker who helps him manage the family portfolio. Along with said cousin, he is also the managing director of the New York-based Quadrant Capital Advisors, Inc. In 2009, Santo Domingo was elected to the Board of Trustees on the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
He is a director of Colombia's Endeavor, an international non-profit development organization that aims to find and support high-impact entrepreneurs in emerging markets and is member of the Latin America Conservation Council of The Nature Conservancy. He is a director of DKMS Americas, a non-profit organization and the largest bone marrow donor center in the world. With over 3.6 million registered donors, DKMS is leading the fight against blood cancer by empowering people to take action, give bone marrow, and save lives.  He is active in the family’s foundation, which is a major player in helping Colombia’s poor. He is also a generous donor and has championed ecological and conservancy causes.
Santo Domingo has a house in Southampton, New York. During the years he has been seen with several famous socialite girlfriends, which have included heiress Amanda Hearst, editor Karen Larrain and models Eugenia Silva and Julie Henderson.
In July 2015 his engagement to Lady Charlotte Anne Wellesley, daughter of Charles Wellesley, 9th Duke of Wellington and HRH Princess Antonia, Duchess of Wellington and great-great-granddaughter of the late German emperor Wilhelm II, was announced. They were married in Illora, near Granada, Spain, on 28 May 2016. 
Alejandro and his wife are expecting their first child. 
|Ancestors of Alejandro Santo Domingo|
- "Alejandro Santo Domingo Davila". Forbes. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "Children of Fortune", Vanity Fair (June 2009 edition); accessed 3 May 2014.
- Tully, Kathryn: "Outside interests," The Guardian
- Metropolitan Museum of Art website; accessed 3 May 2014.
- DKMS Americas website; accessed 3 May 2014.
- "Engaged! Inside Alejandro Santo Domingo and Lady Charlotte Wellesley's Romance". Avenuemagazine. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Mr A. Santo Domingo and Lady Charlotte Wellesley". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Duke of Wellington triumphs in wedding dress battle as daughter Lady Charlotte Wellesley weds billionaire financier in Spain". The Telegraph. Retrieved 1 June 2016.
- Santo Domingo et Lady Charlotte Wellesley attendent un bébé. Pure People (2 April 2017).