New Zealand vs Tonga during 2011 Rugby World Cup
|Date of birth||July 1, 1978|
|Place of birth||Tofua, Tonga|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||108 kg (17 st 0 lb; 238 lb) |
|Rugby union career|
He previously played for Chiefs in the international Super 14 competition, as well as the Bay of Plenty in the Air New Zealand Cup. He was also the top try scorer for the Bay of Plenty in the 2002 National Provincial Championship (now, the Air New Zealand Cup).
He played for Tonga in their 2001 Pacific Rim campaign and later in the year toured Scotland and Wales. On June 5, 2004 he captained Tonga for the first time in a match against Fiji. In June 2005 he captained Tonga in four matches; two against both Fiji and Samoa.
He went on tour with the Pacific Islanders rugby union team in 2004 for a series of Tests against a number of southern rugby nations. He was included in the Pacific Nations tour to Europe in late 2006 and also played in the game against England at Twickernam in 2008.
Lutui joined Worcester in September 2006 on a two-year deal. The Tongan international was a former police officer before he took up rugby.
- Gloucester profile
- Worcester Warriors Profile at Worcester Warriors Profile
- Pacific Islanders Profile on PacificIslanders.co.nz
- Guinness Premiership Profile at GuinnessPremiership.com
- "Aviva Premiership Rugby - Worcester Warriors". web page. Premier Rugby. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- "Veteran Tonga hooker agrees to join Gloucester from Edinburgh". Sky Sports. 20 June 2014.