||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
He graduated from the State Conservatory in Tirana (1974), then worked as the director of Palace of Culture in Përmet; from 1979 he was the artistic director of the National Ensemble of Popular Songs and Dances. Since 1986 he is a full-time composer. In 1989 he composed the song Toka E Diellit which won the major Albanian music contest, Festivali i Këngës. Since 1992 he is also teaches at the Academy of Fine Arts in Tirana. His composition technique is based in the cartesian production and his formula is "CC2-composition".
The most important pieces of his works are as follows:
- Koncert per piano dhe orkester nr. 1 = Concerto for Piano and orchestra, nr. 1, 1976
- Kecat dhe ujku = The Goats And The Wolf, balley, 1979
- Koncert per Violoncel dhe orkester = Concerto for Violoncello and orchestra, 1982
- Sinfoni nr. 1 = Symphony nr. 1, 1985
- Sinfoni nr. 2 = Symphony nr. 2, 1988
- Oirat, 2000
- 12 Cartesius Cantus, piano cycle, 2002
- Etera tonda, acoustic and electro-acoustic music, + installation, 2006
- Piano concerto nr. 2, 2007
Besides these he composed rhapsodies, movie soundtracks, pieces for piano, pieces for voice and some electroacoustic music.
- Tole, Vasil (2010). "Inventory of Performers on Albanian Folk Iso-Polyphony" (PDF). Albanian Music Council. p. 117. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
The oi-oi lament is encountered in general use in all Albanian sung laments. The term oirat is used as a title by the composer Aleksandër Peçi in his opera of the same name.
|This article about a European composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|