Born in Lazarevac, Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Aleksandar received his first dance training in a ballroom dance. After he began studying ballet, jazz, modern and contemporary dance. He attended the Faculty of Sciences and Mathematics, University of Belgrade.
Successful in the worlds of dance, theater and television Josipović was best known as all-rounder and powerful performer for his performances with the company for dignitaries and special events across the world such as: Moulin Rouge ( soloist dancer), Rio de Janeiro-Rio Carnival, Buenos Aires, Eurovision Song Contest, TV shows ( judge at Dancing with the Stars) and as a specialist in the performance he has taught all around the globe.  
In 2013 he was appointed as the Director of Professional Department and Training Process at National Foundation for Dance.  Josipovic officially retired 2015 as one of the most influential French-Yugoslavs performers of the new era.
Today he is expert in the field of marketing, communications and performance. 
Josipovic was involved in different projects as an artistic director, creative director and consultant in the international entertainment and fashion industry, sport, media and broadcast. .
Josipovic has been very active in humanitarian work with the floods which hit Serbia and Bosnia in 2014.
He is closely related with prof. dr.Ivo Josipović, 3rd president of Croatia and Anton Josipović olympic champion in boxing, Los Angeles 1984. Josipović holds citizenship of France, Croatia and Republic of Serbia.
- interview for Blic (newspaper) - Serbian daily newspaper,
- 2008 Eurovision Song Contest
- Official web site of Bogomir Doringer
- " Déranger "
- Tokio magazin
- Počela radionica "Na točkovima" u Sarajevskom ratnom teatru
- Kako bi bilo konačno prihvatiti, zagrliti, pružiti šansu?
- Međunarodni plesni seminar 'Sarajevska spika'
- Blic Online | Srpski plesač drži masterklas u Barseloni
- Blic Online | Srpski plesač drži masterklas kan-kana
- Let's Dance - Aleksandar Josipović - Utopija izdavačka kuca
- Da li ste za ples? - Aleksandar Josipović - Utopija izdavačka kuca
- Život je igra, zato igraj pametno - Aleksandar Josipović - Utopija izdavačka kuca
- Dance Camp Overview
- РТС :: Мира Адања Полак и Ви
- Official web site: AleksandarJosipović.com