Aleksandar Ranković (footballer)
|Full name||Aleksandar Ranković|
|Date of birth||31 August 1978|
|Place of birth||Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2005–2011||ADO Den Haag||104||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 July 2016 (UTC).
Ranković started his professional career with FK Rad, making his first appearances in 1997, at the age of 19. In 2002, Dutch side SBV Vitesse showed interest for the player and brought him into the Eredivisie, where he played as a first team regular for three seasons. In 2005, he moved to fellow Eredivisie participants ADO Den Haag where he became one of their key players.
Ranković hit the news in January 2007, when he was sent off in a 3–1 defeat to AZ, match in which he also scored a goal. The incident took place after the referee Kevin Blom awarded a penalty to AZ, and Ranković pushed Blom whilst shouting "When I see you in the city, I'll kill you". Ranković received a five match ban for the death threats. He later apologized for the incident.
- "Report: ADO Den Haag v AZ Alkmaar". ESPN. 19 January 2007. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Rankovic: 'When I see you in the city, I'll kill you'" (in Dutch). v-bal.nl. 9 February 2007. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Rankovic bedreigde arbiter met dood" (in Dutch). volkskrant.nl. 9 February 2007. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Rankovic heeft spijt van bedreiging" (in Dutch). voetbalprimeur.nl. 9 February 2007. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Ranković nova akvizicija u Partizanu!" (in Serbian). partizan.rs. 22 June 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
|This biographical article related to a Serbian association football midfielder is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|