Petukhovs was born in Riga, Latvia. He studied film at the National Filmschool VGIK in Moscow. He worked as a film critic for the daily newspaper Pravda. In the 1990s he emigrated to Poland and became assistant director of Baranowski, Kieślowski and Polański. His 2004 film The Last Soviet Movie was selected for the European Film Award.
- The Last Soviet Movie (2003)
- Gagarin's Dead (1991) - a short documentary
- Brezhniev's Foot (1990) - short
- Stalin's Fist (1989) - short
- Che Che Che (1988) - short
|This article about a Latvian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|