||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Aleksei Stanislavovich Yeliseyev|
July 13, 1934 |
Time in space
|8d 22h 20m|
|Selection||Civilian Specialist Group 2|
Total EVA time
|Missions||Soyuz 5, Soyuz 4, Soyuz 8, Soyuz 10|
Aleksei Stanislavovich Yeliseyev (Russian: Алексей Станиславович Елисеев; born July 13, 1934 in Zhizdra) is a retired Soviet cosmonaut who flew on three missions in the Soyuz programme as a flight engineer: Soyuz 5, Soyuz 8, and Soyuz 10.
A graduate of the Bauman Higher Technical School (1957) and postgraduate of Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (1962). Yeliseyev worked as an engineer in Sergey Korolev's design bureau before being selected for cosmonaut training.
Following his retirement from the space programme in 1985, he took up at an administrative position at the Bauman school for several years before retiring fully.
His awards include:
- Twice Hero of the Soviet Union (January 22 and October 22, 1969)
- Pilot-Cosmonaut of the USSR
- Four Orders of Lenin (January 22, 1969 October 22, 1969 April 30, 1971, January 15, 1976)
- Medal "For Merit in Space Exploration" (April 12, 2011) - for the great achievements in the field of research, development and utilization of outer space, many years of diligent work, public activities
- Jubilee Medal "In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary since the Birth of Vladimir Il'ich Lenin"
- State Prize of the USSR (November 3, 1980)
- Hero of the German Democratic Republic
- Hero of the People's Republic of Bulgaria
- Order of Georgi Dimitrov (People's Republic of Bulgaria)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aleksei Yeliseyev.|
- Biographies of USSR / Russian Cosmonauts: Yeliseyev. spacefacts.de
- S. P. Korolev. Encyclopedia of life and creativity" - edited by C. A. Lopota, RSC Energia. S. P. Korolev, 2014 ISBN 978-5-906674-04-3
- The official website of the city administration Baikonur - Honorary citizens of Baikonur
|This article about a space explorer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|