|Occupation||Violinist, composer, conductor, comedian and actor|
Aleksey Mikhailovich Igudesman (Russian: Алексей Михайлович Игу́десман; born 22 February 1973) is a Russian-German violinist, composer, conductor, comedian and actor. He performs in the comedy-musical duo Igudesman & Joo.
Igudesman was born in Leningrad, in what was then the Soviet Union, to a musical Jewish family. At the age of 6 he and his family immigrated to Germany. At the age of 12 he was accepted at the Yehudi Menuhin School in England. From 1989 to 1998 he studied violin with Boris Kuschnir at the Vienna Conservatory.
Igudesman has several books published by Universal Edition, including Style Workout, The Catscratchbook and Pigs Can Fly, as well as violin duet books Klezmer & More, Celtic & More, Latin & More and Asia & More.
In a project named Violins of the World, Igudesman has performed his violin duets with Gidon Kremer, Julian Rachlin, Janine Jansen, Vadim Repin, Pavel Vernikov and Alexandra Soumm. Igudesman's poems have been recited by Roger Moore. With his string trio Triology, he has given concerts all over the world, as well as recording several CDs for Sony BMG.
Igudesman is also an actor and film director. His directing debut Noseland, a feature-length mockumentary about classical musicians such as Julian Rachlin and Mischa Maisky and actors John Malkovich and Roger Moore, premiered at the Transylvanian International Film Festival in Romania in June 2012, and won "Most Entertaining Documentary" at DocMiami 2012 and has had a cinematic release in Germany.[non-primary source needed]
He is a co-founder of Music Traveler which provides an app to search and book practice rooms. Music Traveler has several notable musicians as ambassadors; Billy Joel, Hans Zimmer, John Malkovich, Sean Lennon, Adrien Brody are their chief ammbassadors.
- 1998: Triology – Triology Plays Ennio Morricone
- 1999: Triology – Who Killed the Viola Player?
- 2003: Triology – Around The World in 77 Minutes
- 2015: Aleksey Igudesman – Fasten Seat Belts
- 2016: Igudesman & Joo – You Just Have to Laugh
- How Alexey and Hyung Created Claughical Music
- Playing jokes The Jerusalem Post 09/02/2010
- Universal Edition catalogue listing
- "Roger Moore's website". Archived from the original on 2010-05-15. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- Noseland at IMDb
- Noseland official website
- Annika Ulla Schmid (24 October 2017). "Music Traveler". Aleksey Igudesman. Retrieved 2020-08-08.
- Ambassadors, Music Traveler
- "Music Traveler: Wiener Startup mit Billy Joel und John Malkovich als Testimonials" by Dominik Perlaki, derbrutkasten.com, 11 February 2020 (in German)
- Triology Plays Ennio Morricone at Discogs
- Who Killed the Viola Player? at Discogs
- Around The World in 77 Minutes at Discogs
- "Fasten Seat Belts". Orlando Records. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "You Just Have to Laugh (CD) Igudesman & Joo". hoanzl.at (in German). Archived from the original on 2018-01-05. Retrieved 2018-01-05.