|Predecessor||Commonwealth Industries, Inc.
IMCO Recycling Inc.
|Founded||December 9, 2004|
|Headquarters||Beachwood, Ohio, USA|
Number of locations
|40 production facilities|
|Steven J. Demetriou (Chairman and CEO)|
|Products||Aluminum products; recycled and aluminum alloy products|
|Owner||Texas Pacific Group (pre-bankruptcy)|
Number of employees
Aleris International, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in the United States, as ranked by Forbes in 2011. It is a producer of aluminum rolled and extruded products, recycled aluminum, and specification aluminum alloy manufacturing. Its headquarters are in Beachwood, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, and it has access to 40 production facilities across the world.
In February 2009, the US Justice Department filed suit against Aleris alleging that 15 of its plants had violated the Clean Air Act by emission of pollutants. In August 2009, Aleris settled the suit with the government, and agreed to pay a $4.6 million fine and spend an additional $4.2 million on new pollution controls at its plants.
Aleris filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy on 12 February 2009. It announced plans in May 2010 to exit bankruptcy as a privately held company owned by investment funds of Apollo Management, Oaktree Capital Management, and Sankaty Advisors.[dated info]
- "About Aleris". Beachwood, Ohio: Aleris International. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- DeCarlo, Scott; Murphy, Andrea D. "America's Largest Companies". Forbes.
- "Aleris, Form 425, Filing Date Oct 21, 2004" (PDF). secdatabase.com. Retrieved Jan 3, 2013.
- Bentayou, Frank (2009-08-04). "Aluminum recycler Aleris International Inc. to pay $4.6 million EPA fine". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, Ohio).
- http://www.usdoj.gov/enrd/1705.htm US Justice Dept, US vs Aleris International, August 2009
- "Aleris, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Feb 12, 2009". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Jan 3, 2013.
- "Aleris, Form S-1, Registration Statement, Filing Date Apr 26, 2011" (PDF). secdatabase.com. Retrieved Jan 3, 2013.
- Nadgir, Santosh (2010-05-13). "Aleris reorganization plan confirmed by court (UPDATE 1)". Bangalore. Reuters. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|