Sales and marketing
The gum is remarkable for a bitter, medicinal taste.
Wrigley temporarily halted production and sales of its Alert energy gum as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) investigates the safety of caffeinated-food products, especially the possible effects of caffeinated gum on children and adolescents.
- "Wrigley Rolls Out Caffeinated Gum 'Alert'". adweek.com. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- Mosbergen, Dominique (11 March 2013). "Wrigley To Launch Caffeinated 'Alert Energy' Gum". Huffington Post. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Caffeine Gum Rattles Nerves of Health Experts". ABC News. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Wrigley Stops Production of Caffeine Gum". your4state.com. Archived from the original on 13 September 2013. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "WRIGLEY HALTS CAFFEINATED GUM". AP. Archived from the original on 26 May 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|