|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
|Industry||Managed Cloud Security and Compliance Software and Services|
|Founded||April 15, 2002Houston, Texas, U.S.,|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Products||Cloud Insight, Cloud Defender, Threat Manager, Log Manager, Web Security Manager|
Alert Logic is a provider of managed cloud security and compliance solutions delivered in a Software-as-a-Service model. The company was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas with offices in Seattle, Cardiff and London.
Alert Logic is a privately held corporation.
Founded by Misha Govshteyn and Matthew Harkrider.
In August 2006, Dallas-based Hunt Ventures LP led a $5 million round of Series B funding for Alert Logic, which included participation from three other investors: DFJ Mercury of Houston, OCA Venture Partners LLC of Chicago, and Denver-based Access Venture Partners. In 2014, the company opened its European headquarters and data center in Cardiff, Wales.
- Cloud Defender Suite:
- Threat Manager
- Log Manager
- Web Security Manager (Application Firewall)
Licensing is based on the number of network nodes and logging needs (retention period and volume).
Alert Logic is mainly used by Public and Hybrid Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and on-premises implementations.
- Fisher et al. "Log message collection employing on-demand loading of message translation libraries, United States Patent 8,578,393" United States Patent Office. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- Church et al. "Log message archiving and processing using a remote internet infrastructure, United States Patent 8,407,335" United States Patent Office. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- Curch et al. "Systems and methods for correlating log messages into actionable security incidents and managing human responses, United States Patent 8,156,553" United States Patent Office. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- Lavrik et al. "Systems and methods for automated log event normalization using three-staged regular expressions, United Stats Patent 8,079,081" United States Patent Office. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- Church et al. "Threat scoring system and method for intrusion detection security networks, United States Patent 7,594,270" United States Patent Office. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- "About Us - Alert Logic". Retrieved 2015-09-04.
- Matt Hines, eWeek (August 2006). Midmarket Could Push Adoption of Hosted Security Model.
- Mary Ann Azevedo, Houston Business Journal, American City Business Journals (July 2006). Security technology firms lock in fresh rounds of funding.
- "Cyber security firm Alert Logic opens in Cardiff". BBC News. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "US technology firm opens European HQ in Cardiff". ITV News. 22 October 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Application Security with Leading-Edge Security-as-a-Service | Alert Logic". Retrieved 2015-09-04.
- "Solutions - Alert Logic". Retrieved 2015-09-04.
- "Patents by Assignee Alert Logic, Inc. - Justia Patents Database". patents.justia.com. Retrieved 2015-09-04.