Alessandra Corine Ambrósio
11 April 1981
|Partner(s)||Jamie Mazur (2005–2018)|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Alessandra Corine Ambrósio (Brazilian Portuguese: [aleˈsɐ̃dɾɐ ɐ̃ˈbɾɔzju]; born 11 April 1981) is a Brazilian-American model, actress, fashion designer, businesswoman and television personality. She is known for her work with Victoria's Secret and was chosen as the first spokesmodel for the company's PINK line. Ambrosio was a Victoria's Secret Angel from 2004 to 2017 and has modeled for fashion houses such as Christian Dior, Armani, Ralph Lauren, and Next.
Ambrosio was ranked number five on Forbes' list of the highest-paid models, estimated to have earned $6.6 million every year. She is often cited by the popular media as one of the world's sexiest women. As an "Angel", she was chosen as one of People magazine's annual "100 Most Beautiful People in the World" in May 2007. Ambrosio is considered as one of the icons in the fashion industry models.com.
Was born on 11 April 1981 in Erechim, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, the daughter of Lucilda and Luiz Ambrósio. She has a younger sister named Aline. She is of Italian and Polish descent. Her paternal grandmother, Joana Eugênia Groch, was an immigrant from Poland, who arrived in Brazil as a child in 1929. She died in 2017, at age 93.
She enrolled at a modeling class at the age of 12, and at the age of 14, she was one of 20 finalists for the 1995 Elite Model Look national competition for Brazil. Ambrosio was always insecure about her large ears, and at the age of 11, she had cosmetic surgery to have her ears pinned back, though two years later she suffered complications.
When Ambrosio was 12 years old, she partook in modeling classes and then began modeling for Dilson Stein at age 15. Competing in Brazil's Elite Model Look competition started her modeling career in earnest. Her first notable modeling job was shooting the cover of Brazilian Elle magazine. Elite passed along some of her Polaroids to Guess which led her booking the Millennium GUESS? campaign.
Ambrosio has since appeared in advertising campaigns for Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Oscar de la Renta, Christian Dior, Escada, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Guess, Emporio Armani, Moschino, Gap, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, Revlon, and the Pirelli Calendar. She has walked the catwalks for designers such as Prada, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, Christian Lacroix, Bottega Veneta, Escada, Tommy Hilfiger, Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Balmain, Ralph Lauren, Halston, Vivienne Westwood, Giles Deacon, and Oscar de la Renta. She has appeared in numerous international magazine covers, including Cosmopolitan, Elle, GQ, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Ocean Drive, Vogue, and was the only model to appear on the cover of Glamour in the United States in 2006.
In 2004, Ambrosio launched her line of swimwear called Alessandra Ambrosio by Sais, a division of Rosa Chá. It sold 10,000 units in its first month on the market. Ambrosio was the face for the UK company Next and starred in their first television campaign in 12 years.
Ambrosio became the face of Brazilian sportswear brand Colcci costarring with Ashton Kutcher in a denim ad. She was ranked No. 5 on Forbes' The World's Top-Earning Models list, with an estimated earnings of $5 million over 2010–2011. In October 2011, Ambrosio became Vogue's blogger, commenting on her wardrobe by posting one photo of herself each day for a month. On 12 August 2012, she appeared in the 2012 Summer Olympics closing ceremony representing the Brazilian fashion tradition on the handover segment to Rio de Janeiro City.
In spring 2014, Ambrosio launched her own fashion and lifestyle brand named Ále by Alessandra  in a collaboration with American retailer Cherokee. The line features casual wear to formal attire and is aimed at females between 18 and 35 years old. The apparel line was first shown by Southern California-based retailer Planet Blue. For this brand, Ambrosio used her intellectual property company, Silver Sunrise LLC, which works with Cherokee as its global licensing agent.
By 2006, Ambrosio was selected as the first spokesmodel for the Victoria's Secret "PINK" line. In 2005, she walked the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show runway wearing lingerie made entirely out of candy. In the 2008 edition of the Fashion Show, she walked the runway three months after giving birth to her first child, and opened the show the following year in 2009. The 2011 show saw her wearing the heaviest wings (30 lb, 14 kg) ever made for the show while pregnant with her second child.
In 2012, Ambrosio was chosen to wear the "Fantasy Bra". The Floral Fantasy Bra, crafted by London Jewellers featured amethysts, rubies, sapphires and diamonds all set in rose and yellow gold and adorned with more than 5,200 precious stones. In 2014, she wore the Dream Fantasy Bra, alongside fellow model Adriana Lima. Both of the bras cost $2.5 million each.
Television and film appearances
Ambrosio has made several television appearances, notably a cameo as herself on HBO's Entourage; The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn; Late Night with Conan O'Brien; A guest judge on Project Runway Season 2: Team Lingerie and twice on The Tyra Banks Show. She also appeared on America's Next Top Model in the series' 20th cycle.
In 2006, she had a cameo in the box-office hit film Casino Royale, appearing briefly as Tennis Girl #1. Ambrosio guest-starred on the How I Met Your Mother episode "The Yips" on November 26, 2007 with her fellow Victoria's Secret Angels Adriana Lima, Selita Ebanks, Marisa Miller, Miranda Kerr, and Heidi Klum. She also made a cameo appearance during the New Girl episode "Prince".
Ambrosio made her acting debut in the Brazilian telenovela Verdades Secretas, which premiered on Rede Globo on June 8, 2015, playing the role of former top model Samia. She appeared as herself in the 2016 film, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
Ambrosio became engaged to American businessman Jamie Mazur, founder of RE/DONE jeans, in 2008. They had two children: a daughter (b. 2008) and a son (b. 2012). Ambrosio announced on March 17, 2018 that she and Mazur had split.
In March 2019, Alessandra launched her beachwear brand, GAL Floripa, in partnership with her sister, Aline Ambrósio, and her childhood friend, Gisele Cória.
In 2020, she revealed that she also has American citizenship.
|2006||Casino Royale||Tennis girl #1|
|2015||Daddy's Home||Karen Mayron|
|2016||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows||Herself||Cameo|
|2017||Double Dutchess||Herself||(segment "M.I.L.F. $")|
|2017||Daddy's Home 2||Karen Mayron|
|2004||The Late Late Show||Herself||Episode dated January 20, 2004|
|2005–2006||The Tyra Banks Show||Herself||2 episodes|
|2005||Project Runway||Herself||Guest judge; episode: "Team Lingerie"|
|2006||Late Night with Conan O'Brien||Herself||Season 14, episode 23|
|2007||Entourage||Victoria's Secret Angel #1||Episode: "Less Than 30"|
|2007||How I Met Your Mother||Herself||Episode: "The Yips"|
|2010||Gossip Girl||Top model||Episode: "The Undergraduates"|
|2013||America's Next Top Model||Herself||Episode: "The Guy Who Gets a Weave"|
|2014||New Girl||Herself||Episode: "Prince"|
|2015||Australia's Next Top Model||Herself||Guest judge; cycle 9, episode 1|
|2015||Verdades Secretas||Samia||10 chapters|
|2018||Germany's Next Topmodel||Herself||Guest judge; episode: "Drag Edition"|
|2018||The Final Table||Herself||Guest judge; episode: "Brazil"|
|2019||MasterChef||Herself||Episode: "Hot & Spicy"|
|2020||Germany's Next Topmodel||Herself||Guest judge; episode: "Everybody comes to Hollywood"|
- "Alessandra Ambrosio - Fashion Model". The Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Garcia, Kelsey (10 April 2013). "Alessandra Ambrosio Birthday". Elle. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Logan, Elizabeth (17 March 2018). "Alessandra Ambrosio And Fiancé Jamie Mazur Are Splitting Up After 10 Years". W Magazine. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Alessandra Amborsio". clynemodels.com. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio". models.com. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio". Ajoure.de.
- Solomon, Brian (14 June 2012). "The World's Highest Paid Models". Forbes. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "No.5 Alessandra Ambrosio – FHM 100 Sexiest 2007 Archived June 23, 2007, at the Wayback Machine", FHM. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "The Models of Victoria's Secret Archived October 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine", People. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio - Model". MODELS.com. Retrieved 22 October 2018.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio interview with Hello Magazine" Hello Magazine. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "Alessandra Ambrósio". Elite model.com. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- Veneziani, Maria Teresa. "Alessandra Ambrosio: «L'amore? È difficile che duri tutta la vita»". www.corriere.it. Retrieved 9 January 2021.
- How Alessandra Ambrosio Went From Small Town Brazil To Become One Of The Wealthiest Models In The World
- "Município decreta luto oficial de três dias" (in Portuguese). auonline.com.br. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "Success Stories: Alessandra Ambrósio". Elite Model Look. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio Facts Archived February 10, 2008, at the Wayback Machine". TV.com. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "Alessandra Ambrósio – AskMen Archived May 16, 2007, at the Wayback Machine". AskMen. Retrieved May 14, 2007.
- elite spotlight: Alessandra Ambrósio Archived October 11, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved October 7, 2007.source: elite clips.
- "Alessandra Ambrósio Official Site Profile". Official site. Retrieved February 11, 2005.
- "Yahoo! Model of the month by Guess? Archived December 5, 2006, at the Wayback Machine". Yahoo!!. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- Pirelli Calendar 2003 Archived January 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved June 18, 2007.
- "Top 25 Sexiest Models". Archived from the original on 23 October 2007. Retrieved 14 November 2007.
- "Of The Minute Industry Report: Elite Plus". Archived from the original on 27 September 2007. Retrieved 5 October 2007.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio – Next Archived February 12, 2009, at the Wayback Machine" Next. Retrieved May 17, 2007.
- "Next launches TV campaign". Mad.co.uk | Author: Nikki Preston. Retrieved September 13, 2007.
- Sun, Drunk, Love Archived November 1, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- "See our cover star, Brüno, a.k.a. Sacha Baron Cohen work it for the camera". Marie Claire.co.uk. 4 June 2009. Retrieved 4 April 2010.
- and Steven Bertoni, Keren Blankfeld (5 May 2011). "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Today I'm Wearing". Vogue. UK. October 5, 2011. Archived from the original on October 24, 2011. Retrieved October 23, 2011.
- Degun, Tom (12 August 2012). "Pelé surprises London 2012 Closing Ceremony crowd with Rio 2016 handover performance". Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Karmali, Sarah (5 February 2013). "Alessandra Ambrosio To Launch Fashion And Lifestyle Brand". Retrieved 28 February 2014.
- Medina, Marcy (4 March 2014). "Alessandra Ambrosio Launching Apparel". WWD. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Revealed: Cristiano Ronaldo Has the Greatest Body in the Universe". 16 January 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Brazilian Models Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima Will Be Olympic Cultural Contributors: 'Sports Run in Our Blood!'". Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Brazilian supermodels Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima join NBC Olympics' coverage in Rio". NBC Sports Pressbox. 19 July 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio No.6". Askmen.com. Archived from the original on 20 June 2007. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "A second Victoria Secret's model has admitted it is 'stressful' maintaining her body". The Telegraph. 8 April 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- Weisman, Aly (11 December 2013). "How Alessandra Ambrosio Went From Small Town Brazil To Become One Of The Wealthiest Models In The World". Business Insider. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Alessandra Ambrósio was pregnant on the Victoria's Secret runway". The Telegraph. 28 December 2011. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- Clott Kanter, Sharon (8 November 2012). "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Alessandra Ambrosio on Modeling the $2.5 Million Fantasy Bra". InStyle. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Through the years: Alessandra Ambrosio's 17-year Victoria's Secret runway reign in pictures". Vogue. 29 October 2019. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- Ward, Maria (21 November 2017). "Alessandra Ambrosio Is Retiring From the Victoria's Secret Runway After 17 Years". Vogue. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio and Izabel Goulart on Entourage". YouTube.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio on Craig Kilborn - May 20, 2003". YouTube.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"". YouTube. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- "Secrets of the Supermodels (TV episode 2005)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- Alessandra Ambrosio Filmography. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- "How I Met Your Mother: Victoria's Secret Supermodels to Appear on Tonight's Episode". Buddytv. November 26, 2007. Archived from the original on September 25, 2013. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- Bueno, Antoinette (31 January 2014). "'New Girl' Super Bowl Ep Gets Two Supermodels!". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Siegel, Tatiana (27 March 2015). "Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio Joins 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "Are These The Perfect Jeans?". Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Friedman, Kate (2 December 2015). "Alessandra Ambrosio Reveals Why She Hasn't Set a Wedding Date 8 Years Into Her Engagement". Glamour.
- Triggs, Charlotte (25 August 2008). "Model Alessandra Ambrosio Has a Girl". People. Archived from the original on 25 January 2009. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio, Official Spokesperson of National Multiple Sclerosis Society Archived October 12, 2007, at the Wayback Machine". National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "About Us". GAL Floripa.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio on Instagram: Proud to be an American 🇺🇸". Instagram. Retrieved 7 November 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Alessandra Ambrosio|