|Born||Alessandra Corine Maria Ambrósio
April 11, 1981 
Erechim, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
|Partner(s)||Jamie Mazur (2008-present)|
|Height||176 cm (5 ft 9.3 in)|
|Manager||Storm Model Management
Model Management Hamburg
Clyne Model Management Priscillas Model Management Sydney
Alessandra Corine Maria Ambrósio (Portuguese pronunciation: [aleˈsɐ̃dɾɐ ɐ̃ˈbɾɔzju]; born April 11, 1981) is a Brazilian model and actress. Ambrosio is known for her work with Victoria's Secret and was chosen as the first spokesmodel for the company's PINK line. Ambrosio is currently one of the Victoria's Secret Angels and has modeled for brands such as Next, Armani Exchange, Christian Dior, and Ralph Lauren.
Ambrosio serves as an ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. In 2012, she was ranked number six on Forbes' list of the highest-paid models, estimated to have earned $6.6 million in one year. She is often cited by the popular media as one of the world's sexiest women. As an Angel, she was chosen as one of People magazine's annual "100 Most Beautiful People in the World" in May 2007. Alessandra also holds a very active Facebook page in which she posts personal and professional photos as well as a plethora of motivational and inspirational quotes either through captions or dedicated posts, rendering 3+ Millions fans on the social media site.
Ambrosio was born in Erechim, Brazil on April 11, 1981. Her parents are Brazilians of Italian and Polish ancestry and own a petrol station. She enrolled at a modelling class at the age of 12, and at the age of 14, she was one of 20 finalists for the 1995 Elite Model Look national competition for Brazil. Ambrosio was always insecure about her large ears, and at the age of 11, she had cosmetic surgery to have her ears pinned back, though two years later she suffered complications. In 2006, she appeared on The Tyra Banks Show, and said that the surgery was a bad experience and has discouraged her from ever getting plastic surgery again..
When Ambrosio was 12 years old, she started modeling classes,and then began modeling for Dilson Stein at age 15. Competing in Brazil's Elite Model Look competition started her modeling career in earnest. Her first notable modeling job was the cover of Brazilian Elle magazine. Elite passed along some of her Polaroids to Guess which led her booking the Millennium GUESS? campaign. She has since appeared in advertising campaigns for Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Oscar De La Renta, Christian Dior, Escada, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Guess, Emporio Armani, Moschino, Gap, Hugo Boss, Ralph Lauren, Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, Revlon, and the Pirelli Calendar. She has walked the catwalks for designers such as Prada, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, Christian Lacroix, Bottega Veneta, Escada, Tommy Hilfiger, Dior, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Balmain, Ralph Lauren, Halston, Vivienne Westwood, Giles Deacon, and Oscar de la Renta. She has appeared in numerous international magazine covers, including Cosmopolitan, Elle, GQ, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Ocean Drive, Vogue and the only model to appear on the cover of Glamour in the United States in 2006.
In 2004, Ambrosio launched her line of swimwear called Alessandra Ambrosio by Sais, a division of Rosa Chá. It sold 10,000 units in only its first month on the market. Ambrosio was the face for the UK company Next and starred in their first television campaign in 12 years. On the July 2009 cover of Marie Claire, Ambrosio appeared in a spread with Sacha Baron Cohen to promote Baron Cohen's 2009 film Brüno.
Ambrosio, became the face of Brazilian sportswear brand Colcci costarring with Ashton Kutcher in a steamy denim ad. She was ranked No. 5 on Forbes' The World's Top-Earning Models list, with an estimated earnings of $5 million over the year 2010–2011. In October 2011, Ambrosio became Vogue's blogger, commenting on her wardrobe by posting one photo of herself each day for a month. On August 13, 2012 she appeared in the London 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony as part of Rio de Janeiro's Handover show.
In Spring 2014, Ambrosio launched her own fashion and life style brand named Ále by Alessandra  in a collaboration with US retailer Cherokee. The line features casual wear to formal attire and is aimed at females between 18 and 35 years old. The apparel line was first shown by Southern California-based retailer Planet Blue. For this brand, Ambrosio used her intellectual property company, Silver Sunrise LLC, which works with The Cherokee Group as its global licensing agent.
By 2004, she was selected as the first spokesmodel for the Victoria's Secret "PINK" line In 2005, she walked the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show runway wearing lingerie made entirely out of candy. In the 2008 edition of the Fashion Show, she walked the runway three months after giving birth to her first child, and opened the show the following year in 2009. The 2011 show saw her wearing the heaviest wings (30 lb) ever made for the show while pregnant with her second child. In 2012, Ambrosio was chosen to wear the "Fantasy Bra". The Floral Fantasy Bra, created by London Jewelers, features amethysts, rubies, sapphires and diamonds (including a 20-carat white diamond in the center), all set in rose and yellow gold, according to InStyle. There's also a matching belt adorned with more than 5,200 precious stones. In 2014 she wore the Dream Fantasy Bra, alongside her fellow angel Adriana Lima. Both of the bras cost 2.5 million dollars each.
Television and film appearances
Ambrosio has made several television appearances, notably a cameo as herself on HBO's Entourage; The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn; Late Night with Conan O'Brien; A guest judge on Project Runway Season 2: Team Lingerie and twice on The Tyra Banks Show. She also appeared on America's Next Top Model, in the show's 20th cycle.
In 2006, she had a cameo in the box-office hit film Casino Royale, appearing briefly as Tennis Girl #1. Ambrosio guest-starred on the How I Met Your Mother episode "The Yips" on November 26, 2007 with her fellow Victoria's Secret Angels Adriana Lima, Selita Ebanks, Marisa Miller, Miranda Kerr, and Heidi Klum. She also made a cameo appearance during the New Girl episode "Prince".
Ambrosio made her acting debut in the Brazilian telenovela Verdades Secretas, which premiered on Rede Globo on June 8, 2015, playing the role of former top model Samia. She appeared as herself in the sequel to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
Ambrosio began dating businessman Jamie Mazur, founder of RE/DONE  jeans, in 2005. After she became pregnant they got engaged on 12 May 2008. The couple have two children: daughter Anja Louise Ambrosio Mazur (born August 24, 2008) and son Noah Phoenix Ambrosio Mazur (born May 7, 2012). Both children were born in Florianopolis, Brazil..
She is the National Ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
|2006||Casino Royale||Tennis girl #1|
|2016||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows||The girl Vernon met a week ago|
|2004||Late Late Show, TheThe Late Late Show||Herself||Episode dated January 20, 2004|
|2005–06||Tyra Banks Show, TheThe Tyra Banks Show||Herself||2 episodes|
|2005||Project Runway||Herself||Guest judge; episode: "Team Lingerie"|
|2006||Late Night with Conan O'Brien||Herself||Season 14, episode 23|
|2007||Entourage||Victoria's Secret Angel #1||Episode: "Less Than 30"|
|2007||How I Met Your Mother||Herself||Episode: "The Yips"|
|2010||Gossip Girl||Top model||Episode: "The Undergraduates"|
|2013||America's Next Top Model||Herself||Episode: "The Guy Who Gets a Weave"|
|2014||New Girl||Herself||Episode: "Prince"|
|2015||Australia's Next Top Model||Herself||Guest judge; cycle 9, episode 1|
|2015||Verdades Secretas||Samia||10 episodes|
- AlessandraAmbrosio Profile in the FMD-database. Retrieved June 22, 2008.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio Official Site Profile". Official site. Retrieved February 11, 2005.
- "Profile Models1 web site
- elite spotlight: Alessandra Ambrosio. Retrieved October 7, 2007.source: elite clips.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio". Ajoure.de.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio, Official Spokesperson of National Multiple Sclerosis Society". National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- Solomon, Brian (June 14, 2012). "The World's Highest Paid Models". Forbes. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- "No.5 Alessandra Ambrosio – FHM 100 Sexiest 2007", FHM. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "The Models of Victoria's Secret", People. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio interview with Hello Magazine" Hello Magazine. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio". Elite model.com. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- "Success Stories: Alessandra Ambrosio". Elite Model Look. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio Facts". TV.com. Retrieved May 11, 2007.
- Sun, Drunk, Love Archived November 1, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio – AskMen". AskMen. Retrieved May 14, 2007.
- "Yahoo! Model of the month by Guess?". Yahoo!!. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- Pirelli Calendar 2003. Retrieved June 18, 2007.
- "Top 25 Sexiest Models". Archived from the original on October 23, 2007. Retrieved November 14, 2007.
- "Of The Minute Industry Report: Elite Plus". Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved October 5, 2007.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio – Next" Next. Retrieved May 17, 2007.
- "Next launches TV campaign". Mad.co.uk | Author: Nikki Preston. Retrieved September 13, 2007.
- "See our cover star, Brüno, a.k.a. Sacha Baron Cohen work it for the camera". Marie Claire.co.uk. June 4, 2009. Retrieved April 4, 2010.
- and Steven Bertoni, Keren Blankfeld (May 5, 2011). "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "Today I'm Wearing". Vogue. UK. October 5, 2011. Retrieved October 23, 2011.
- Degun, Tom (August 12, 2012). "Pelé surprises London 2012 Closing Ceremony crowd with Rio 2016 handover performance". Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- Karmali, Sarah (February 5, 2013). "Alessandra Ambrosio To Launch Fashion And Lifestyle Brand". Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- Medina, Marcy (March 4, 2014). "Alessandra Ambrosio Launching Apparel". WWD. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- Alessandra Ambrosio No.6 on Askmen. Retrieved June 19, 2007.
- Dmanagementgroup.com. Retrieved February 7, 2009. Archived June 6, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Worth the weight? Alessandra Ambrosio had to strengthen her back for 30lb wings that took seven months to make. Daily Mail. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio and Izabel Goulart on Entourage". YouTube.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio on Craig Kilborn - May 20, 2003". YouTube.
- "Alessandra Ambrosio on "Late Night with Conan O'Brien"". YouTube. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- "Secrets of the Supermodels (TV episode 2005)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- Alessandra Ambrosio Filmography. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- "How I Met Your Mother: Victoria's Secret Supermodels to Appear on Tonight's Episode". Buddytv. November 26, 2007. Retrieved May 17, 2013.
- Bueno, Antoinette (January 31, 2014). "'New Girl' Super Bowl Ep Gets Two Supermodels!". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- Siegel, Tatiana (March 27, 2015). "Supermodel Alessandra Ambrosio Joins 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Friedman, Kate (December 2, 2015). "Alessandra Ambrosio Reveals Why She Hasn't Set a Wedding Date 8 Years Into Her Engagement". Glamour.
- Triggs, Charlotte (August 25, 2008). "Model Alessandra Ambrosio Has a Girl". People. Archived from the original on January 25, 2009. Retrieved January 30, 2009.
- "Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio 'gives birth to baby boy' in Brazil". The Daily Mail. May 7, 2012.
- "Victoria's Secret Angel Alessandra Ambrosio gives birth to baby boy". Toronto Sun. May 8, 2012.
- "'We couldn't be happier!': Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio gives birth to baby boy Noah Phoenix". The Daily Mail. 7 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to:|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Alessandra Ambrosio|