12 August 1986 |
Galatina, Province of Lecce, Italy
|Labels||Sony Music Italy|
Alessandra Amoroso (Italian pronunciation: [alesˈsandra amoˈroːzo]; born 12 August 1986 in Galatina, Province of Lecce) is an Italian pop/soul singer. She was the winner of the 2009 edition of the Italian talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi. In 2014 she became the first female Italian artist to win the MTV Europe Music Award for Best European Act.
- 1 Biography and career
- 2 Musical influences
- 3 Awards and competitions
- 4 Discography
- 5 Tour
- 6 Sources
- 7 External links
Biography and career
Since her youth, Amoroso participated in numerous local competitions, obtaining good results. In June 2007 she participated in a contest, Fiori di Pesco, singing the song Amor mio, and placed first among the competitors, and was rewarded by Mogol. When she was seventeen, she participated in the auditions for Amici but she failed.
Amici di Maria De Filippi
On October 5, 2008, Amoroso passed the audition for the eighth season of Amici di Maria De Filippi, singing the single from Alicia Keys, "If I Ain't Got You". Rudy Zerbi, the chairman of Sony Music Italy, assigned three unpublished singles to Amoroso. She participated in the recording of the compilation disc of the programme, Scialla. "Find a Way" reached the fourth place in the charts, while "Immobile" reached the top position. During the program, the singer distinguished herself thanks to her voice: all the teachers, especially Luca Jurman, recognized a sandblasted timbre. On 25 March 2009, Amoroso was proclaimed winner of Amici di Maria De Filippi, winning the first prize of 200,000 euros. On the same evening, she also received the critics' prize, a scholarship worth 50,000 euros. With this money, Amoroso says she will continue to study with voice teacher Luca Jurman.
After presenting the song during the final of Amici di Maria De Filippi, Alessandra released her first single, Stupida on March 27, 2009. The song got a great success and reached the top position in the ranking of the Federation of the Italian Music Industry (FIMI). On April 10, 2009 Sony Music Italy produced her first EP, Stupida. The album became gold in reservation, because of thirty-five thousand copies being ordered. On June 6, 2009 in Verona Alessandra receives two Wind Music Award for the sales of Stupida and the compilation Scialla', both certified multiplatinum. From 3 to 8 May 2009 collaborated with the ADMO, an awareness campaign. The experience let her become on December 29, 2009 an official ADMO testimonial. The same day the singer is undergoing tests at the typing to be entered in the register of bone marrow donors. On June 20, 2009 Alexandra starts, after the zero date in Lecce on April 12 of that year, the Stupida Tour, a tour which goes on throughout the summer in different stadium and theatres in Italy, until 22 September 2009. In addition to the various stages of the main tour, Alessandra participates in several other tours, including Radio Norba Battiti Live and Trl On Tour, in addition to the tour organized by Amici di Maria de Filippi. On June 21 she performed at the concert "Amiche per l’abruzzo", organized by Laura Pausini, at the stadium of San Siro in Milan. From June 19 to September 22, Amoroso pursued a summer tour to promote the Stupida EP on various stages throughout Italy. On August 20 Amoroso recorded, during the Stupida Tour, her sold out concert at Arena Ciccio Franco in Reggio Calabria. As of 2010[update], Stupida has sold over 200,000 copies in Italy, thus obtaining double platinum.
On September 12, 2009 in Rome - during Reggaexplosion - Alessandra duet with Sud Sound System, an Italian band, thus realizing one of her dreams. On October 3, 2009 she participated in O' Scià, a song event organized by Claudio Baglioni. On July 31, 2009, during the Stupida Tour, Sony officially announced the release date of the first album by Alessandra Amoroso, scheduled for September 25, 2009. The title, announced in the following days, was Senza nuvole. Sony also published a version of the album with an extra DVD containing unreleased scenes of Alessandra in the recording studio and some of summer tour's stages. The album was anticipated by the single Estranei a partire da ieri, broadcast on radio from 28 August, with the exception of the RTL 102.5 which broadcast it from August 24. On October 8, presented for the first time the album at the Limelight, in Milan. Fans could watch the concert in 37 selected cinemas across Italy who broadcast the event live via satellite in high definition. The album reached the top position in the ranking of the Federation of the Italian Music Industry, wand held the position for four weeks. "Classifica FIMI Album Senza Nuvole". The second single extracted from the album was the title-track Senza nuvole, which was also the soundtrack to Love 14, a film by Federico Moccia. The videoclip of this song was awarded as Best 2009 video in Rome Clip Film Festival on December 10, 2009. From 8 to 29 November 2009, the singer conducted a variety, called Grazie a tutti, with Gianni Morandi. The collaboration with Gianni was not only about television: Alessandra, in fact, recorded a duet with him, contained in his album Canzoni da non perdere, titled Credo nell'amore. Since November 2009, Alexandra is promoting Aiutiamo Francesco, a charity initiative for a seven-year-old boy suffering from periventricular leukomalacia. On November 18, 2009, it was published an unofficial biography of Alessandra for Fanucci Editore, written by Angelo Gregoris and Alessandra Celentano, while in December 2009 Alessandra recorded, along with other artists, including J Ax and Marracash, a Christmas jingle for Radio Deejay, entitled Questo natale. From January 21, 2010 to March 13, 2010 Alessandra was busy with the winter tour, called Senza Nuvole Live Tour. On January 22, 2010 a new single was extracted by the album: Mi sei venuto a cercare tu. During the third and fourth bet of the Sanremo Festival in 2010, Alessandra crowd the stage at the Ariston Theatre just to sing with Valerio Scanu, the festival winner. On April 2, 2010 it was extracted the fourth and last single by the album: Arrivi tu, which became one of the hit of summer 2010. On May 8, 2010 Alessandra participated in TRL Awards 2010, because of the two nominations she received for the category MTV TRL First Lady and My Trl Best Video. Alessandra also participated in Wind Music Awards 2010, winning an award thank to the sales of Senza nuvole. From 4 July 2010 to 12 September 2010 Alessandra was busy with the summer tour, called Un'Estate Senza Nuvole Live Tour. The first album of Alessandra Amoroso sold 210,000 copies, and because of this was certified triple platinum.
Il mondo in un secondo
On July 15, 2010 Sony Music Italy officially announced the second album of Alessandra Amoroso. The title, Il mondo in un secondo, was announced on the official forum of the singer on August 29, 2010. The album release date, September 28, 2010, was announced on August 30 on Sony's official website. The album was anticipated from the single La mia storia con te on September 1, 2010. Radio started broadcasting the single on September 3, 2010. The song was very successful, becoming one of the ten most-listened-to tracks in radio. It also reached the second position of the most downloaded singles chart drawn by FIMI. La mia storia con te was also chosen as the soundtrack for La figlia di Elisa 2, an Italian film.
Cinque passi in più
Alessandra announced in late September 2011 that she was working about a new project of live about and she confirmed that it was ready just to the end of that year, in Dicembre. Comes out November 4, 2011 E' vero che vuoi restare, the single who anticipates the release of about a month the live album "Cinque passi in più" containing a cd with 5 new songs and a live cd with the concert that Alessandra kept in Milano on 22 December in 2010 at Mediolanum Forum of Assago. A Deluxe Version of the album containing a DVD of the concert and backstage scenes, five postcards, photo of Alessandra and a 36 page-booklet is also available. On January 20, 2012 the second single from the album was published, titled Ti Aspetto. It's videoclip, filmed in London, was available on March, 14. In Italy the album sold more of 120,000 copies and it got the double platinum certification.
Alessandra Amoroso has repeatedly stated that her favorite kinds of music are the black, soul, R&B and gospel, which represent the sandblasted timbre of the singer. Luca Jurman, at the entrance of Alessandra in Amici di Maria De Filippi, saying "Alessandra is the new Anita Baker" associated her timbre to that of the renowned R&B singer.
Awards and competitions
- Winner of the competition and Criticism prize Amici di Maria De Filippi
- Double disc of platinum for the ep Stupida
- Wind Music Award for the sales of the compilation Scialla and ep Stupida (multiplatinum)
- Disc of platinum for the song Immobile
- Disc of gold for the song Senza nuvole
- Triple disc of platinum for the album Senza nuvole
- Wind Music Award for the sales of the album Senza nuvole (multiplatinum)
- Disc of gold for the song La mia storia con te
- Double disc of platinum for the album Il mondo in un secondo (multiplatinum)
- Double disc of platinum for the album Cinque passi in più
- 2009 - Senza nuvole (ITA: 4× Platinum, 200,000+) 
- 2010 - Il mondo in un secondo (ITA: 4× Platinum, 200,000+)
- 2011 - Cinque passi in più (ITA: 3× Platinum, 150,000+)
- 2013 - Amore Puro (ITA: 2× Platinum, 100,000+)
- 2015 - Alessandra Amoroso
- 2016 - Vivere a colori (ITA: Platinum, 50,000+)
|"Estranei a partire da ieri"||6||-|
|2010||"Mi sei venuto a cercare tu"||-||-|
|"La mia storia con te"||2||-|
|"Urlo e non mi senti"||27||-|
|"Dove sono i colori"||-||-|
|'"È vero che vuoi restare"||13||-|
|2014||"Non devi perdermi"||-||-|
|"Bellezza,incanto e nostalgia"||18||-|
|2009||"Stupida"||Gaetano Morbioli||3 min. 37 sec.|
|"Estranei a partire da ieri"||4 min. 8 sec.|
|"Senza nuvole"||Pat Marrone||3 min. 48 sec.|
|2010||"Arrivi tu"||Gaetano Morbioli||3 min. 37 sec.|
|"La mia storia con te"||Jansen & Basile||3 min. 51 sec.|
|"Urlo e non mi senti"||Marco Salomon e Saku||3 min. 39 sec.|
|2011||"Niente"||3 min. 25 sec.|
|"Dove sono i colori"||Marco Salomon e Saku||3 min. 51 sec.|
|"È vero che vuoi restare"||Marco Salomon e Saku||3 min. 50 sec.|
|2012||"Ti aspetto"||3 min. 40 sec.|
|2009||Credo nell'amore||Gianni Morandi||Canzoni da non perdere|
|Un solo mondo||Claudio Baglioni||Q.P.G.A.|
|Questo natale||Deejay All Stars||Questo natale|
|2010||Maniac||Neri per Caso||Donne|
|2009||Find A Way||Scialla|
|Senza nuvole||Amore 14 Compilation|
|2010||Radio Italia Estate|
|Estranei a partire da ieri||Radio Bruno compilation|
|Arrivi tu||TRL On the Road Compilation|
- 2009 - Grazie a tutti - il concerto CD e DVD (CD + DVD) of Gianni Morandi
- 2010 - Q.P.G.A. Filmopera (double DVD) of Claudio Baglioni
- 2010 - Amiche per l'Abruzzo (double DVD) of various authors (concert's godmother: Laura Pausini, Fiorella Mannoia, Gianna Nannini, Elisa e Giorgia) (enterprise of charity) 
- Others tour, in Italy, with Alessandra's participation
- 2009: Amici tour, Radionorba Battiti live tour 2009, TRL - Total Request Live on tour 2009, Grazie a tutti tour of Gianni Morandi, Radio Italia Live Tour 2009, Radio Bruno Live Tour
- 2010: Radionorba Battiti live tour 2010
- "Biography on the official site".
- "Minutes of the second edition of "Fiori di pesco"".
- "Official myspace of the singer".
- "Immobile on the FIMI Chart".
- "Find a way on the FIMI Chart".
- "Comments on Alessandra Amoroso by Luca Jurman".
- "Alessandra Amoroso: this is how I'll spend the money I won".
- "Stupida on FIMI".
- "Alessandra, gold disc in reservation for Maria De Filippi's star".
- "The winners of a Wind Music Award - Edition 2009".
- "Alessandra Amoroso testimonial for Admo".
- "Midollo osseo: Alessandra Amoroso donatrice e testimonial".
- "Alessandra Amoroso keeps on singing @ "Stupida Tour"".
- ""Amici Tour 2009": all the dates.".
- "Alessandra Amoroso @ RadioNorba Battiti Live Tour 2009, Bari".
- "Alessandra Amoroso @ Trl on Tour, Palermo".
- "Alessandra Amoroso @ Trl on Tour, Pescara".
- "Official site of the event "Amiche Per L'Abruzzo"".
- "The first extraordinary year of Alessandra Amoroso's career" (in Italian).
- "FIMI Certifications" (PDF).
- "Duet with Sud Sound System".
- "Claudio Baglioni's Tour ends @ Arena di Verona".
- "Music stars in autumn".
- "Alessandra Amoroso of "Amici", Senza Nuvole is the new album".
- "Alessandra Amoroso sings "Senza nuvole" in 37 of the Italian cinemas".
- "Alessandra Amoroso: Senza nuvole as soundtrack".
- "7th Edition of "Roma Videoclip Award" - "Il cinema incontra la musica"".
- "Alessandra e Gianni Morandi duettano in Credo nell'amore".
- "Solidarity Marathon on Radio Alcamo Centrale".
- "Official Site of the iniziative "Aiutiamo Francesco"".
- "Web page on "laFeltrinelli" of the unofficial biography of Alessandra Amoroso".
- "Questo natale lyric" (PDF).
- "Spend "This Christmas" with the Radio deejay "all stars"".
- "Alessandra Amoroso: the dates of "Senza Nuvole Live Tour"".
- "Alessandra Amoroso: "Mi sei venuto a cercare tu" is the new single".
- "Sanremo 2010: Valerio Scanu e Alessandra Amoroso duetto di "Per tutte le volte che..."".
- "Alessandra Amoroso: the new single is "Arrivi tu"".
- "Page of Alessandra Amoroso on the official site of Trl Awards 2010".
- "Awarded singer's page on the official site of Wind Music Awards 2010".
- "Un'estate senza nuvole live tour".
- "Alessandra Amoroso comes back with "La mia storia con te"".
- "Alessandra Amoroso: The first single extracted from the new album is "la mia storia con te"".
- "Alessandra Amoroso, Official: the title of the new single is "La mia storia con te"".
- "The fiction we'll see: la figlia di elisa 2 and il giudice mastrangelo 3".
- "Alessandra Amoroso, published the new album Senza nuvole: "I dream a black-music album."".
- "Alessandra Amoroso wins Amici 8".
- First bet of Amici di Maria De Filippi
- "Nielsen 2010 Singles Certifications" (PDF).
- "FIMI Top Digital Download Chart".
- "Die Offizielle Schweizer Hitparade und Music Community".
- "New album for Gianni Morandi".
- "Tracklist Q.P.G.A. of Claudio Baglioni".
- "Lyric of Questo natale" (PDF).
- Fabri Fibra, Albertino, Nicola Savino, Linus, Platinette, Nikki, J Ax, Diego Passoni, Federico Russo, Marisa Passera, Fabio Volo, Andrea e Michele, Vic, Laura Antonini, Nicola Vitiello, La Pina, Trio Medusa, Carlo Lucarelli, Alessio Bertallot, Ivan Zazzaroni, Luciana Littizzetto, Elio e le Storie Tese, Digei Angelo, Roberto Ferrari e Marracash