Alessandro Benvenuti in 2008
31 January 1950|
|Occupation||Actor, film director, screenwriter|
Alessandro Benvenuti (born 31 January 1950) is an Italian actor, film director and screenwriter. He was co-founder, together with Francesco Nuti and Athina Cenci, of the comedy ensemble "GianCattivi" with whom he achieved his first successes on stage and on television. He made his film debut in Ad Ovest di Paperino, for which he won the 1982 Silver Ribbon for Best New Director, therefore he started a critically appreciated career as director, screenwriter and actor of a set of original, offbeat comedies. In 1995 he won a second Silver Ribbon for the script of the film Belle al Bar. In 1996 he received three Globi d'oro nominations for his comedy drama film Ivo the Genius in the categories best film, best actor and best director.
- Fatto su misura (1985)
- Il ragazzo del Pony Express (1986)
- Soldati - 365 all'alba (1987)
- Compagni di scuola (1988)
- Welcome to Home Gori (1990)
- The Party's Over (1991)
- Belle al Bar (1994)
- Sentimental Maniacs (1994)
- Ivo the Genius (1995)
- Return to Home Gori (1996)
- Albergo Roma (1996)
- The Fugitive (2003)
- 13 at a Table (2004)
- "Alessandro Benvenuti". mymovies. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Roberto Chiti, Roberto Poppi. Dizionario del cinema italiano. Gli attori, Volume 1. Gremese Editore, 2003. ISBN 8884402131.
- Gianni Canova. Enciclopedia del cinema. Garzanti, 2009. ISBN 881150516X.
- Enrico Lancia. I premi del cinema. Gremese Editore, 1998. ISBN 8877422211.
- "Cinema: Ivo il tardivo pluripremiato ai Globi". Adnkronos. 14 June 1996. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
|This article about an Italian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|