This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Early life and education
Michele forged his early design career at Fendi where he was Senior Accessories Designer. He was tapped by Tom Ford in 2002 and moved to Gucci's London-based design office. Over his 12-year tenure within the Gucci design studio, Alessandro held a variety of roles: in 2006 he was named Leather Goods Design Director and promoted in May 2011 as Associate to then Creative Director Frida Giannini.
In September 2014, he took on the additional role of Creative Director of Richard Ginori—the fine Florentine porcelain brand acquired by Gucci in June 2013. He began in his position as leader of product offering and branding of Gucci, re-positioning it for the luxury market with new collections and a new store design template.
It was during the Gucci Men's Fall/Winter 2015-16 runway show that Alessandro first revealed a new direction for Gucci. His full vision for Gucci was on display during the Women's Fall/Winter 2015-16 runway show.
In 2018, He was seen at the 2018 Met Gala wearing a matching ensemble with Lana Del Rey and Jared Leto.
Awards and honors
- 2015 International Fashion Designer of the Year award at the British Fashion Awards
- 2016 International Fashion Designer Of The Year Award at the British Fashion Awards
- 2016 CFDA International Award
- Green Award 2017
- Bridget Foley Gucci Confirms Alessandro Michele as Creative Director Women's Wear Daily January 21, 2015
- businessoffashion.com Alessandro Michele
- businessoffashion.com Reinventing Gucci
- "HB100 2017 | HYPEBEAST". HYPEBEAST. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "Gucci's Alessandro Michele crowned International Fashion Designer of the Year". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- Alessandro Michele, Gucci CFDA.com
- "The CFDA Fashion Awards 2016 winners". harpersbazaar.co.uk. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
|This Italian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|