Alessandro Ruspoli, 9th Prince of Cerveteri
Prince Alessandro Ruspoli with actress Gianna Segale in 1955
|Predecessor||Prince Alessandro Ruspoli|
|Successor||Prince Francesco Ruspoli|
|Born||9 December 1924|
Rome, Kingdom of Italy
|Died||11 January 2005 (aged 80)|
|Father||Prince Francesco Ruspoli|
|Mother||Countess Claudia Matarazzo|
|Religion||Roman Catholic Church|
Alessandro "Dado", Principe Ruspoli (9 December 1924 – 11 January 2005) was an occasional actor and a playboy and eccentric aristocrat, the 9th Principe di Cerveteri, 9th Marchese di Riano and 14th Conte di Vignanello. Dado descends from a brother of Cardinal Bartolomeo Ruspoli.
Dado was born in Rome in 1924. His mother and father's first wife Claudia dei Conti Matarazzo, who died when he was 9, was heiress to one of the largest fortunes in Brazil. His father Francesco Ruspoli, 8th Prince of Cerveteri, later a poet, fought in both world wars. Dado became known for his extravagant lifestyle in the 1950s and 60s. He was friends with Brigitte Bardot, Salvador Dalí, Truman Capote, Roger Vadim, Roman Polanski, Emmanuelle Arsan and many others.
Marriages and children
He married firstly in Rome on 8 December 1947 Nobile Francesca dei Baroni Blanc (Rome, 27 June 1920 – Milan, 27 February 1962), daughter of Nobile Mario dei Baroni Blanc and wife Anita Felici, without issue.
He married secondly at Vignanello, the location of the ancestral residence, Castello Ruspoli, on 5 May 1964, later divorced, Nancy de Girard de Charbonnières (Pouillon, 18 April 1939 –), daughter of Roger Jean de Girard de Charbonnières and wife Andrée Marie Pommarede, and had issue, an only son:
He married thirdly in Rome on 20 November 1993 Theresa Patricia Genest, and had issue, a daughter and a son:
- Mathilde Mélusine dei Principi Ruspoli (Paris, 25 July 1994)
- Théodore Alexandre dei Principi Ruspoli (Paris, 30 April 1997)
- Tao Ruspoli, (7 November 1975), married actress Olivia Wilde (New York City, New York, 10 March 1984), without issue.
- Bartolomeo Ruspoli, (Rome, 6 October 1978 –), married in November 2004 Aileen Getty (14 July 1957), daughter of John Paul Getty, Jr. and first wife Abigail "Gail" Harris, without issue.
- Identification of a Woman (1982) - Mavi's father
- The Godfather Part III (1990) - Vanni
- Faccione (1991)
- La casa del sorriso aka The House of Smiles (1991) - Andrea
- Il giardino dei ciliegi aka The Cherry Orchard (1992)
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1 episode, "Florence, May 1908", 1993) - Professor Reale
- Just Say Know (2002) - Himself
- The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: The Perils of Cupid (2007) (V) - Professor Reale
- Marco Ferreri, il regista che venne dal futuro (2007) - Himself
|Ancestors of Alessandro Ruspoli, 9th Prince of Cerveteri|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alessandro Ruspoli.|
- "Prince Dado Ruspoli". Telegraph Media Group. 15 January 2005. Retrieved 14 January 2008.
- Dado Ruspoli on IMDb
- Alessandro Ruspoli on a genealogical site
- Daily Telegraph obituary
Francesco Ruspoli, 8th Prince of Cerveteri
| Prince of Cerveteri
Francesco Ruspoli, 10th Prince of Cerveteri