|Also known as|
|Born||12 April 1984|
Alessandro Venturella (born 12 April 1984) is a British musician who currently is the bass player for heavy metal band Slipknot. He previously has served as a lead guitarist for Krokodil and Cry for Silence. Earlier in his career, he was the touring guitar tech for Mastodon's Brent Hinds, Coheed and Cambria, Architects, and Fightstar.
Venturella was born on 12 April 1984 to Italian parents.
On 7 October 2014, frontman Corey Taylor of Slipknot was surprised by the fact that Venturella had been identified playing bass in a Slipknot video for the song "The Devil in I." Venturella's unique left-hand tattoo had been reported by Metal Chapel News, despite all the musicians wearing masks in the video. Taylor said of Venturella and the video's drummer, "They’re not official band members yet, but they are people who play with the band... Time will tell whether or not they’re, like, full members." On 25 and 26 October, Venturella performed with the band live for the first time at Knotfest 2014.
On 3 December 2014, Slipknot's former drum tech posted a photograph of a personnel list of the band on tour, showing that bassist Venturella and drummer Jay Weinberg were touring with the band. Venturella was eventually officially revealed to be the bassist by Jim Root in an interview with Ultimate-Guitar on 13 May 2015.
On 2 August 2015, Venturella had an unknown medical emergency for which he was rushed to the hospital during a show in Hartford, Connecticut. The following day, it was revealed that Venturella had suffered from dehydration during the show the previous night, and will be returning to the stage on 4 August 2015, in Mansfield, Massachusetts, where he performed back stage.
- With Cry for Silence
- With Krokodil
- Shatter / Dead Man's Path Ltd. 7 (2014)
- Nachash (2014)
- With Slipknot
- Hartmann, Graham (8 October 2014). "Slipknot's Corey Taylor on New Bassist's Identity Leak: 'I Was So Upset'". Loudwire. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Slipknot's Itinerary previously fired, breaks out in a fit of rage, taking a picture of the official slipknot personnel list, exposing Weinberg as the drummer for Slipknot". Metal Injection. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/jim_root_seems_like_stone_sour_cant_even_write_a_new_record_they_lost_a_good_writer.html?no_takeover Archived 4 November 2015 at the Wayback Machine "So VMan and Jay both came to my house and we started rehearsing a couple weeks early before we went on the tour. I sat down with VMan and we really dissected all the songs from the set we were gonna play live and dissected not just the album versions but the live versions and how Paul would approach these songs."
- "SLIPKNOT Bassist Rushed To Hospital During Hartford Concert; Band Completes Set As Eight-Piece". 2 August 2015.
- "Slipknot". www.facebook.com.
- "Cry For Silence - Through The Precious Words". Discogs.
- "Cry For Silence – The Longest Day E.P". punktastic.com.
- "CRY FOR SILENCE RELEASE DEBUT ALBUM 10th MARCH". www.facebook.com.
- This reference taken from an interview with Jim Root states that Alessandro played bass on 5 or 6 songs on the album http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/jim_root_seems_like_stone_sour_cant_even_write_a_new_record_they_lost_a_good_writer.html Archived 17 October 2015 at the Wayback Machine
| Slipknot bassist