Alexander David Baldock
November 1970 (age 48)
|Alma mater||Worcester College, Oxford|
|Title||CEO, Dixons Carphone|
Alexander David Baldock (born November 1970) is a British businessman, former banker, and the chief executive (CEO) of Dixons Carphone.
Baldock started his career as a management consultant, before joining Barclays. From 2008 to 2012, Baldock worked for the asset finance company, Lombard, a division of RBS Group, rising to managing director.
In January 2018, Sebastian James resigned as CEO of Dixons Carphone, to run Boots UK, "in a surprise move days before it updates the City on its Christmas trading performance", and will be succeeded by Baldock, who has been CEO of the online retailer Shop Direct since 2012.
Baldock is married to garden designer Amy Roberts, and they have four children.
- "Alexander David BALDOCK - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- Shah, Oliver (26 March 2017). "Banker drags Littlewoods into 21st century". Retrieved 20 January 2018 – via www.thetimes.co.uk.
- "Alex Baldock - GP Bullhound Northern Tech Awards". northerntechawards.com. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- "EXECUTIVE". shopdirect.com. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- Boland, Hannah (20 January 2018). "Dixons Carphone hires Shop Direct's Baldock to top role after chief executive quits for Boots". Retrieved 20 January 2018 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Slawson, Nicola (20 January 2018). "Dixons Carphone CEO will step down to run chemist chain Boots". the Guardian. Retrieved 20 January 2018.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Dixons Carphone CEO James quits for job at Boots". reuters.com. Retrieved 20 January 2018.