Alex Bath MacDonald
13 April 1898|
Walcha, New South Wales
|Died||12 May 1981
Sydney, New South Wales
|Years of service||1940–1950|
|Commands held||Australian Cadet Corps
Jungle Training Centre
Darwin Mobile Force
|Battles/wars||Second World War|
Family and education
MacDonald served during the Second World War and commanded the Jungle Training Centre and Darwin Mobile Force. At war's end he became Director of the Australian Cadet Corps and then was senior Australian military observer with the United Nations Commission for Indonesia. His portrait is held by the Australian War Memorial.
- Ryerson Index
- BD&Ms. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- BD&Ms. Retrieved 4 May 20123
- Newington College Register of Past Students 1863–1998 (Sydney, 1999) pp 123
- Men of the Darwin Mobile Force drawn up in full ceremonial dress in Martin Place as Major A.B. (Bandy) MacDonald lays a wreath on the cenotaph.
- "CADETS IN CAMP". The West Australian. Perth: National Library of Australia. 26 August 1947. p. 9 Edition: SECOND EDITION. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "PERSONAL". The West Australian. Perth: National Library of Australia. 18 February 1949. p. 3. Retrieved 4 April 2013.