Alex Carter (British actor)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
7 May 1982 |
|Occupation||Actor and writer|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
Life and career
After starring in CITV show Adam's Family Tree, in 1999 Carter was cast as Craig Harrison in Sunday evening drama Where the Heart Is. He then joined the cast of Hollyoaks as Lee Hunter, staying for four years before his character left to embark on a round the world tour.
He then joined Emmerdale on 16 February 2006 as Jamie Hope in the ITV soap Emmerdale. On 8 February 2010, whilst appearing on Shaun Keaveny's breakfast show on BBC 6 Music, he announced that he was leaving Emmerdale after four years. On 15 March 2010 it was confirmed that after a five-year hiatus, Carter was returning to Hollyoaks.
In 2011, Carter appeared in BBC Three comedy How Not to Live Your Life as Blake; Don's Boss. In August 2012 he became a series regular in In with the Flynns on BBC1 as Kevin Flynn, younger brother to Will Mellor's Liam Flynn. In 2013, Carter starred in the Sky special Love Matters, written by Isy Suttie. and the period ITV costume drama Downton Abbey as Walter in Series Four of the show.
In early 2015, he starred in Give Out Girls as Steve.
In late 2015 he started as PC Lino Moretti in the new BBC1 Police series Cuffs set in Brighton. Also in 2015 Alex joined CBBC's So Awkward as Mr Malone.
- "Celebrity guest confirmed for 'Our Oldham' launch party". Press Release Reference: LJ/PR/CYPF/101/08. Oldham Council. 17 April 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-29.[permanent dead link]
- Jamie Hope ITV website
- Shaun Keaveny BBC 6music website
- "Alex Carter quits 'Emmerdale'". Digital Spy. 8 February 2010. Archived from the original on 10 February 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "Alex Carter returns to 'Hollyoaks'". Digital Spy. 15 March 2010. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- . BBC. Retrieved on 22 December 2011.
|This article about a British television actor or actress born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|