|No. 92 Free agent|
|Date of birth:||November 27, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Lorain, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||259 lb (117 kg)|
|High school:||Columbus (OH) Brookhaven|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career CFL statistics|
Daniels spent his first two years at Minnesota before transferring to Cincinnati due to legal issues. He sat out the 2007 season, and played 2 more years at Cincinnati. He played fullback, running back, and linebacker at Minnesota, before transferring to Cincinnati where he played defensive tackle.
Daniels went undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft. He later signed with the Oakland Raiders to play defensive end. Shortly into training camp, they moved him to fullback, and then back to defensive end. He was waived/injured on September 4, 2010, and cleared waivers and reverted to injured reserve. They waived him with an injury settlement on September 15, 2010.
Daniels signed to the Dallas Cowboys' practice squad on October 5, 2010, after a workout with the team earlier in the day. He will be moved back to fullback, and will also play tight end. He was cut on November 24, 2010. The Cowboys re-signed him to the practice squad on November 29, 2010, when Andrew Sendejo was promoted to the active roster. He was switched back to defensive end. Daniels was released from the practice squad on December 29, 2010. He was re-signed after the season on January 3, 2011. He was waived/injured on August 16, and after clearing waivers, reverted to injured reserve on August 19. He was released from injured reserve with an injury settlement on September 1.
New Orleans Saints
- "Alex Daniels". KFFL. 2010-03-10. Archived from the original on 17 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Raiders release Alex Daniels". NBC Sports. 2010-09-15. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Cowboys work out nine players, sign fullback to practice squad". Dallas News. 2010-10-05. Archived from the original on 7 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Cowboys add safety Andrew Sendejo to practice squad". Dallas News. 2010-11-24. Retrieved 2010-11-24.
- "Cowboys promote safety, cut defensive end". ESPN Dallas. 2010-11-29. Archived from the original on 1 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "New Orleans Saints Sign Defensive Tackle Alex Daniels; Waive DB Cord Parks". neworelanssaints.com. Retrieved 28 August 2012.