Alex Dyer (footballer, born 1990)
|Full name||Alex James Dyer|
|Date of birth||11 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Täby, Sweden|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:50, 24 July 2018 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12:27, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
Dyer is a product of the Northampton Town's youth system and agreed a professional contract in 2007. In April 2008 he has been awarded for 'Coca-Cola League Two Apprentice of the Month'. He made his debut on 29 August 2007 in a 2–0 League Cup defeat to Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium, and scored his first goal in a 2–1 win against Luton Town the same season. He signed a two-year contract extension with Northampton in February 2009. During the 2009–10 season, Dyer was more of a first team player due to Northampton Town being in League Two, playing 20 games and scoring two goals against Notts County and Bradford City. He was released by the club on 12 May 2010 along with five other players, with manager Ian Sampson stating that he hadn't progressed as has hoped and that younger players like teammate Michael Jacobs should be given a chance. 
Dyer joined Grimsby Town on trial following his release from Northampton, but after playing in one match he was let go having failed to impress the clubs management. Subsequently, Dyer went on to sign for Wealdstone in the Isthmian League Premier Division. After 32 goals in 117 games for Wealdstone, he signed for newly promoted Conference National side Welling United, who clinched the Conference South title the previous year.
Dyer was called up to the Montserrat national football team in 2011, for their 2014 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF First Round qualifiers against Belize. He made his debut against Belize on 15 June, in their home fixture, which was played at Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Trinidad and Tobago. Montserrat lost 5–2.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Across the Pond – Avsnitt #48: Alex Dyer, Östersunds FK och Montserrats landslag". Svenska Fans (Podcast) (in English and Swedish). 18 June 2015. Event occurs at 5:55. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
I was actually born in Sweden, my mom is Swedish. So I was born in Täby, near Stockholm.
- Apprentice of the Month - April 2008 lfe.org.uk. 12 May 2008. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- Middlesbrough vs Northampton ntfc.co.uk. 29 August 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2008.
- Northampton 2–1 Luton BBC Sport. 5 April 2008. Retrieved 30 January 2010
- Dyer signs new contract ntfc.co.uk. 12 February 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Northampton Town release midfielder Luke Guttridge". BBC Sport. 12 May 2010.
- (2010-05-17) Dyer Decision was the toughest ntfc.co.uk. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Montserrat participates in World Cup qualifiers". The Montserrat Reporter. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.
- "Match report: Montserrat – Belize". FIFA. 15 June 2011. Retrieved 16 June 2011.