Alex Feather Akimov
|Alex "Feather" Akimov|
|Birth name||Alexey Akimov|
|Born||May 28, 1986|
|Genres||Pop, pop rock, jazz fusion, instrumental rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, producer, Manager|
|Instruments||Electric guitar, guitar synthesizer, keyboard, acoustic guitar|
|Labels||Bungalo Records, Universal|
|Associated acts||Eminem, Rihanna, Britney Spears, Irene Nelson, Red Elvises, Greg Howe, Frank Gambale, Love The Way You Lie, Hold It Against Me, Love the Way You Lie, The Monster|
Alex "Feather" Akimov (born May 28, 1986) is a Russian–American guitarist and composer who has been active in the music industry for nearly ten years as a touring musician, a session guitarist and a solo artist in his own right. Akimov has appeared on eleven studio albums, has played hundreds of live performances across the United States, and has collaborated with a wide variety of notable artists, including Steve Vai, Britney Spears and Rihanna. Akimov has repeatedly stated that The Beatles have played a hugely influential role in his musical development, whilst also publicly acknowledging Greg Howe as a favorite guitarist.
Akimov started playing the guitar when he was 11 years old. In 2006, he graduated from Gnessin State Musical College in Moscow, Russia, with a BA degree in Classical guitar, Jazz guitar and composition. In September 2006, Akimov moved to Los Angeles to study at the Los Angeles Music Academy College of Music (LAMA). It was at the Los Angeles academy that he learned from great teachers such as Frank Gambale, Steve Fister, Greg Howe and many others. After graduating from LAMA in 2008, Alex started working as a full-time musician.
Recording, touring and other collaborations
In 2008, Akimov was hired to work with Ziv during the band's national tour of the United States (US). The guitarist subsequently appeared on two of Ziv's records, Fearless and Paper & Sound, with the former awarded the "Best Independent Record of the Year" by a music website. Akimov proceeded to perform more than a hundred shows around the US with Ziv, before ceasing work with the band in 2010. He then commenced working with a famous Russian artist, 3-time Russian Grammy Award winner, Irene Nelson. Nelson's music video for her debut single, "Sunrise", aired on MTV Russia and Muz-Tv, and eventually placed in the Billboard Dance Charts. In 2011, Akimov toured with the Red Elvises in the US and Russia.
in 2013 Alex joined Mika Newton project signed to JK Music Group / Friendship Collective label owned by Randy Jackson. He took position of a guitarist and music director.
In 2014 Alex joined a worldwide talent search and development company,  Mentors and celebrities involved with isina include Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds, Walter Afanasieff, Kenny G, Humberto Gatica, Paul Oakefold
In 2015 Alex became a manager of a [boyband] New District. The band got nominated for the Teen Choice Awards "Choice Next Big Thing"   performed shows with Fifth Harmony, Troye Sivan, Ruth B and many others. in 2016 New District won Bravo Otto Award in the category "Superband"
The bands first single got a major radio airplay around the U.S. and Canada including Radio Disney and performed at KIIS FM "Next Up" 
2008 – 2009 Ziv – Lead Guitar
2009 – 2010 Irene Nelson – Guitarist, manager
2010 – Eminem FT Rihanna "Love The Way You Lie" Heavy Remix – Guitar
2010 – Eminem FT Rihanna "Love The Way You Lie" Part 2 – Guitarist 2011 – "Search" Ft Greg Howe
2012 – "Beautiful Lani (featuring Frank Gambale)"
2010 – 2013 Red Elvises Guitar player world tour
2013 "The talented" Sony action cam project
2013 Mika Newton Guitarist/music director
2014 ISINA Worldwide Talent Search and Development company COO
2015 New District Boy Band Manager
His debut single "All About The Rain" was released in November 2010, produced by Alex Feather Akimov, Brian Duffy, and Brian Garcia. His second single "Search," a collaboration with guitar virtuoso Greg Howe, was released in March 2011. In June 2011, the third single "Troublemaker" and the final video of the trilogy were officially released. The album About the Rain was released on iTunes in July 2011.
Second single called "Monsters are here" Guitar mixed with Dubstep Was released on iTunes in September 2012 The video has become viral on YouTube and received 700,000 views in only 3 weeks
In 2013 Alex has joined project by Sony called "The Talented" he was capturing 7 days of a session musician life that captured his studio works, live performances and rehearsals with different artists.
finished footage will be played at Sony Stores around the US
2011-2012 Alex was teaching at GMC (www.guitarmasterclass.net), an online guitar lessons community.
- The Guitar Master Class (January 19, 2012). "Alex Feather Akimov teaches guitar on Guitar Master Class" (Web page). rekkerd.org. Dreamhost. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Site admin. (January 22, 2012). "ALEX FEATHER AKIMOV TEACHES GUITAR ON GUITAR MASTER CLASS" (Web page). alexfeather.com. Alex Feather Akimov. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- The G3 Agency (August 23, 2011). "All about the rain". G3 Magazine (13): 19. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
-  Ziv official website
-  Melodic.net (Fearless best independent record of the year)
-  Irene Nelson Official Music Video
-  Irene Nelson Eurochannel
-  Irene Nelson Live Performance
-  Billboard Dance Charts 2010 ("Sunrise" #35)
-  Jkmusicgroup
-  Mika Newton - "Come Out and Play"
-  ISINA.com
-  Teen Choice awards 2016 nominees
-  New District at Teen Choice Awards 2016
-  New District Bravo Otto Award
-  New District KIIS FM "Next Up"
-  "Love The Way You Lie"(Heavy Remix) FT Alex Feather Akimov Billboard BIZ
- " Love The Way You Lie "(Heavy Remix) Video
- "Love The Way You Lie"(Part 2) FT Alex Feather Akimov (VIdeo)
- Alex Akimov, actor profile. IMDB.com.
-  About The Rain
-  "Beautiful Lani" FT Frank Gambale
- "iTunes Store". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- "Dubstep Guitar – Monsters Are Here". YouTube. September 12, 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- "Alex Feather". Guitarmasterclass.net. Retrieved 2013-11-07.