|Full name||Alexander Joseph Gersbach|
|Date of birth||8 May 1997|
|Place of birth||Sutherland, Australia|
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 August 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22 June 2017
He made his debut for Australia in 2016, having previously played numerous times for the nation's youth teams.
Born in Auburn, Gersbach grew up in Sutherland, in Sydney's South East. For the majority of his school years he attended St Patrick's College, Sutherland, before leaving for the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra where he also attended Canberra High School. Gersbach's local side as young teenager was Sutherland Sharks FC where he played as a striker.
On 20 July 2014, Sydney FC announced that they had signed Gersbach to a 2-year deal. Alex was previously given the number 13 jersey, but later swapped with Christopher Naumoff for the number 16. Rated as one of Australia's most promising young footballers, he made his senior professional debut for the club at the age of 17 years and 3 months in the 2014 FFA Cup Round of 32 tie against Melbourne City FC at Morshead Park on 12 August 2014 which Sydney FC won 3–1 after extra time. 
For the 2015–16 A-League season, Gersbach was given the number 3 jersey.
On 31 January 2016 it was announced that Gersbach had signed with Norwegian club, Rosenborg BK of the Tippeligaen for a reported fee of $500,000. Gersbach made his Tippeligaen debut for Rosenborg on 19 March 2016 at home to Stromsgodset where he played a full 90 minutes in a 1–0 home victory.
On 25 September 2015, Gersbach was selected to play for the Young Socceroos to play in the 2016 AFC U-19 Championship qualification. In March 2016 Gersbach received his first call up to the senior team when he was named in the squad to face Tajikistan and Jordan in World Cup Qualifiers on March 24 and March 29.
- As of 18 August 2017
|Australian Institute of Sport||2013||National Premier Leagues||16||1||0||0||0||0||16||1|
- As of 22 June 2017
|Australia national team|
- "FIFA Confederations Cup Russia 2017: List of players: Australia" (PDF). FIFA. 2 July 2017. p. 1. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- "Alex Gersbach". Worldfootball.net. 1997-05-08. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Sydney FC sign Alex Gersbach, one of Australia's best young footballers". SMH. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Josh Bennett (2014-08-12). "Melbourne City FC v Sydney FC – FFA Cup Match Centre | Westfield FFA Cup". Theffacup.com.au. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- Ash Gray (2014-10-11). "Sydney FC v Melbourne City". Smh.com.au. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "RBK og FC Sydney enige om overgang for Alex Gersbach". Rosenborg BK (in Norwegian). 31 January 2016. Archived from the original on 5 February 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Leckie's late goal wins it for Caltex Socceroos". Football Federation Australia. 4 June 2016.
- Stoll, Nick (25 September 2016). "Gersbach wins title with Rosenborg". The World Game. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
|This biographical article related to Australian football (soccer) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|