Alex Lahey, Feierwerk Munich, 2017
|Born||30 July 1992|
|Genres||Alternative, Indie, Rock, Pop|
Alex Lahey is an Australian singer-songwriter from Melbourne.
In 2016, Lahey won the Josh Pyke Partnership. Her track "You Don't Think You Like People Like Me" received Pitchfork's Best New Track Award and was featured in the Triple J Hottest 100 of 2016. Lahey subsequently also won a Triple J Unearthed prize, leading to a slot to perform at Splendour in the Grass and a nomination for a J Award for Unearthed Artist of the Year. Lahey's EP B-Grade University was then released later that year.
In January 2017, Lahey signed to Dead Oceans Records which re-released her B-Grade University EP. By October 6, 2017, she was able to release her debut album, I Love You Like a Brother, through her own independent label, Nicky Boy Records. The album ended up in several year-end albums-of-the-year lists, including those by Bandcamp Daily, Noisey, the Sydney Morning Herald, Under the Radar, BrooklyVegan, and redbull.com. Spin Magazine would also cite the album as one of the magazine's 13 "Favorite Overlooked Albums of 2017". After touring Australia through October 2017, Lahey then took her live show worldwide in performances set across the US and Europe between December 8, 2017 and April, 2018.
- B-Grade University (2016)
- Annabel Ross (22 June 2016). "Blast-off for local singer-songwriter Alex Lahey". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- Danielle McGrane (20 September 2016). "Alex Lahey gave it all up for a song". News.com.au. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Alex Lahey Signs to Dead Oceans". deadoceans.com. 30 January 2017.
- "Instagram post by Alex Lahey • Oct 16, 2017 at 7:06am UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-10-22.
- "Bandcamp Daily's Best Albums of 2017". Album of The Year. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "Noisey's 100 Best Albums of 2017". Album of The Year. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "The Sydney Morning Herald's Top 20 Albums of 2017". Album of The Year. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "Alex Lahey - I Love You Like a Brother - Critic Lists". Album of The Year. Retrieved 2018-01-02.
- "Spin's Favorite Overlooked Albums of 2017". Spin. 2017-12-06. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- "Alex Lahey | Touring". alexlahey.com.au. Retrieved 2017-10-22.
- Mack, Emmy (26 July 2017). "Alex Lahey Announces National Tour For Debut Album 'I Love You Like A Brother'". Music Feeds. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "ARIA Australian Top 50 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association. 16 October 2017. Retrieved 14 October 2017.
|This article on an Australian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|