|Full name||Alex Obanda Ouma|
25 December 1987 |
|Bowling style||Right arm medium-fast|
|ODI debut (cap 34)||18 October 2007 v Canada|
|Last ODI||23 January 2014 v Netherlands|
|T20I debut (cap 12)||4 September 2007 v Pakistan|
|Last T20I||24 November 2013 v Afghanistan|
|Domestic team information|
|Source: CricketArchive; http://www.espncricinfo.com/kenya/content/player/291844.html, 23 January 2014|
Alex Obanda Ouma (born 25 December 1987) is a Kenyan cricketer who has played first class cricket for Kenya Select. When the side participated in the Logan Cup in 2007, Obanda made his first class debut and had a good series, making 296 runs at 37.00. A right-handed batsman, he scored a century in their draw against Centrals at Kwekwe. Obanda was the only Kenyan player to take part in the 2011–12 Stanbic Bank 20 Series, representing the Southern Rocks He played two matches without scoring a run.
The World Twenty20 Qualifier was held in March 2012. Kenya failed to qualify for the World Twenty20 later than year, though Obanda scored 298 runs from 9 matches with two half-centuries and was Kenya's leading run-scorer in the tournament (seventh overall).
- "Kenya's youngsters underline their potential". Cricinfo. 9 May 2007. Retrieved 23 September 2008.
- Moonda, Firdose (29 November 2011). "Harare calling". Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Twenty20 batting and fielding for each team by Alex Obanda". CricketArchive. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Moonda, Firdose (11 May 2012). "Ten months in Nairobi". Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, 2011/12 / Records / Twenty20 matches / Most runs". Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
|This biographical article related to Kenyan cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|