|Full name||Alex Obanda Ouma|
25 December 1987 |
|Bowling||Right arm medium-fast|
|ODI debut (cap 34)||18 October 2007 v Canada|
|Last ODI||30 January 2014 v Scotland|
|T20I debut (cap 12)||4 September 2007 v Pakistan|
|Last T20I||24 November 2013 v Afghanistan|
|Domestic team information|
Source: Cricinfo, 13 May 2017
When the side participated in the Logan Cup in 2007, Obanda made his first class debut and had a good series, making 296 runs at 37.00. A right-handed batsman, he scored a century in their draw against Centrals at Kwekwe. Obanda was the only Kenyan player to take part in the 2011–12 Stanbic Bank 20 Series, representing the Southern Rocks He played two matches without scoring a run.
The World Twenty20 Qualifier was held in March 2012. Kenya failed to qualify for the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 later than year, though Obanda scored 298 runs from 9 matches with two half-centuries and was Kenya's leading run-scorer in the tournament (seventh overall).
Twenty20 International cricket
Man of the match awards
|S No||Series||Season||Opponent||Match Performance||Result|
|1||2010 ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier||2010||Canada||1 runout ; 79 (48 balls: 11x4, 1x6)||Kenya won by 9 wickets.|
- "Kenya's youngsters underline their potential". Cricinfo. 9 May 2007. Retrieved 23 September 2008.
- Moonda, Firdose (29 November 2011). "Harare calling". Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Twenty20 batting and fielding for each team by Alex Obanda". CricketArchive. Retrieved 11 May 2012. (Subscription required (. ))
- Moonda, Firdose (11 May 2012). "Ten months in Nairobi". Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, 2011/12 / Records / Twenty20 matches / Most runs". Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, 6th Match, Group B: Canada v Kenya at Dubai (DSC), Feb 10, 2010". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
|This biographical article related to Kenyan cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|