Alexandra Adaeze Okoroji|
March 10, 1984
|Occupation||Actress, Writer, Talk Radio host|
|Known for||Amstel Malta Box Office, Tinsel|
|Notable work||Spider (TV soap opera), Tinsel (TV series), The Naked Talk (radio show), The Naked Truth: Lies Stripped (non-fiction book)|
|Television||Mega Vision, The Show TV|
Alex Okoroji (born March 10, 1984) is a Nigerian actress, writer, television personality, talk radio host, speaker, author and mentor also known as the "Queen of Expression" ranked one of the top 250 most influential women leaders in the world by Richtopia  and honored with a Nigeria Goodwill Ambassador Award, a 2017 'Peace Achievers Award' as Media Personality of the year and 'WEF Iconic woman award' at the annual global Women Economic Forum 2017 in New Delhi, India. She is mentioned as one of the beauties and beautiful things about Nigeria, alongside several other Nollywood actresses in total facts about Nigeria. Alex is an International contributor to the Huffington Post and the first 'African Woman Living in Africa' to be spotlighted for women's wisdom on Women Rock Project, listed in the "Actress category", celebrated for her contributions to empowering people around the globe with her NAKED philosophy, alongside power actresses like – Vidya Balan, Kate Winslet, Drew Barrymoore, Debbie Allen, Lady Gaga, Suzanne Somers, Amy Walker and thought leaders like Arianna Huffington, Melinda Gate, Hillary Clinton, Chimamanda Adichie.
Alex was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria, daughter of Musician and former PMAN president, Tony Okoroji and Queen-Mary Okoroji. Alex is the first child and has five younger siblings. She went to elementary school at the St Leo's Catholic Primary School, Ikeja, lagos and then attended Federal Government Girls College, and graduated from Tender Touch College, Festac in Lagos.
She began her professional acting career on television when she "bumped into the consciousness of movie buffs with her superlative performance" in the maiden edition of the reality television show Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) in 2005. and featured in her first film "Calabar girl" in a supporting role alongside Annie Macaulay Idibia, Femi Brainard, Kunle Coker in 2006 and her first TV Soap Opera "Heavens Gate" in 2007.
She has worked on television as the host for the segment "Fitness at Your Finger Tips" (2008) on Africa Magic and was presenter of daytime program "Mega Vision" on Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) in (2008) and several other entertainment programs like "The Show TV" (2009), syndicated on cable and terrestrial channels. Okoroji has scripted content for television shows, movies and produced a documentary titled "Tales of An Enigma" (2008) spotlighting the book "Copyright, Neighboring Rights and The New Millionaires..." written by her father, Tony Okoroji and highlighting the need for copyright education in Nigeria, among elites, middle-class and entertainers. The documentary was directed by filmmaker John Njamah and featuring a cross section of powerful Nigerian celebrities.
As an actress she has worked in soap operas, film, theater and done voice acting. She has also featured in TV commercials, recorded PSA's & jingles for radio, voiced TV shows and appeared in several musical videos, including Weird MC 2007 video "Ready to Party". Despite graduating from college as a science major, her film training includes two years in community theater and some of her selected acting credits include...
- Calabar Girl (2006)
- Freedom Bank (2007)
- Trinity (2008)
- Destiny (2008)
- State of the Heart (2008)
- Hero's Bride (2008)
- Waiting Years (2009)
- The Guide (2014)
- Cajole (2015)
Where she has played both lead and supporting roles. Alex has also played some of the best re-occurring characters in popular Nigerian television soap operas and series like
- Heavens Gate (2006)
- US (2008–2009)
- Wives N' Concubines (2008)
- G.R.A. Women (2009)
- Rush (2010)
- Tales of Eve (2013)
- Tinsel (2008–2010) where she played the feisty lawyer "Susan" in M-Net Series multi-cam production on DStv across Africa for three seasons.
- Spider – (2009 -2014) Notable for playing the character "Betty Umukoro"
Alex Okoroji's social life and alleged relationships have gained widespread coverage in the media, with the most prominent being her on and off relationship with British Nigerian Actor, Kalu Ikeagwu whom she dated for several years and then married one of Ghana's top Actors and former Tinsel co-star, Omar Shariff Captan in a private wedding ceremony in Lagos in (2010). The brief union produced a son, Ray Okoroji-Captan born on the same birthday as the Ghanaian star & ex husband. Both Alex and Omar parted ways less than two years after their marriage.
She is an advocate for expression, a reinvention activist and a multi-platform ambassador for self empowerment and transformation – who has managed to successfully re-invent herself at every stage of her career. As a thought leader and global connector spreading the naked philosophy and inspiring many from inside Africa, she is a noted international speaker, panelist, and key presenter at several digital conferences, media workshops, podcasts and virtual summits around the world like the 2017 Annual Global Women Economic Forum, Amy Walkers Give Gratitude Summit, 2016 Women's Virtual Success Summit joining over 45 world-renowned business and industry experts from 7 countries in 6 continents, Idea Builder's Initiative – STOP campaign against gender violence, "Take A Leap" Twitter Conference featuring speakers from Australia, USA, UK and Nigeria in celebration of International Women's Day, the Dynamic Women Talk Radio International Roundtable and more. She appeared as a celebrity guest on the 'Hot Seat' on the 13th season of Nigeria's #1 Television Game Show "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and played alongside Tosin Ajirire, entertainment editor of The Sun Newspaper, to assist humanitarian founder, Dada Marquis raise two million naira for The Dada Marquis Foundation.
In December 2015, she celebrated with high acclaims from around the world in Africa's biggest On-Air Party, featuring 16 Live guests from 7 Countries, at the first anniversary celebration of her International talk radio show – The Naked Talk w/ Alex Okoroji. And then the following year, Hosted 6 Days of Creative Bliss at the first live virtual creative summit in Africa, with 25 Creative Experts from around the world including #1 Best Selling Author Terry Lancaster, Nigerian Actor – Chidi Mokeme, Ambassador of Happiness - Maura Sweeney, and more influencers at The Naked Challenge Creative Mastery Global Summit in the summer of 2016.
As the star of her own show, she is achieving huge success on radio as host of The Naked Talk w/ Alex Okoroji- an International Syndicated Talk Radio Show broadcast live from inside Africa with over 2.5 million listens around the world, on BlogTalkRadio, a New York based Internet Radio Network. The show is streamed live and automatically archived & distributed as Podcast across several other Global Networks like Acast, PlayerFm, Stitcher Radio, TuneIn Radio, Itunes, Pod Africa, Radio Public and The Good Radio Network in Canada.
The show features unscripted & unfiltered conversations with Global Icons, Business Leaders, Entertainers, Motivational Speakers, Authors, Life Coaches, Relationship Experts and Extra-ordinary Friends from around the world- as they strip themselves, their experiences and share their honest unfiltered thoughts. She has featured high profile and celebrity guests like American Citizen Advocate – Joan Treppa, Mark Saxenmeyer, Jeta Amata, Philip Galinsky, Tony Wrighton, Michael Modzelewski, Ellie Savoy, OT Fagbenle, Richard Mofe Damijo, Segun Arinze, Joseph Benjamin, Femi Branch, John Njamah, Stella Damasus, Kalu Ikeagwu, Elliot Katz.
|The Naked Talk Radio Show|
|Hosted by||Alex Okoroji|
|Genre||Self Help, Personal Development|
|Length||Approx. 60–120 Minutes|
|Original release||December 10, 2014 – present|
She is the author of the widely acclaimed self help books...
- The Naked Truth: Lies Stripped (2015) An intimate and relatable book, offering wisdom to those struggling to accept the TRUTH about who they really are and what they want out of love, life & re-invention of self – available on amazon, barnes n' nobles, okadabooks, gumroad and the digital smashwords edition distributed to online retail stores and libraries in 120 countries.
- Stripped Down Success For Creatives (2016): - a book bundle that offers creatives, actionable principles and practical wisdom for achieving huge success.
As the host of several high profile events, she has presented & hosted red carpet events like the Nigerian Music Awards (NMA) in 2007, the Red Carpet at the Soundcity Music Video Awards (SMVA) in 2009 and was also the Official AMAA Red Carpet Co-Host alongside, Soundcity TV Popular VJ Adams at the 8th Africa Movie Academy Awards held at the Eko Hotel, Lagos in 2012. In the year 2014 she was an award presenter with fellow actor, Femi Brainard at the Coson Song Awards at the Grand Ball room of Oriental Hotel, and the following year in May (2015) She co-anchored recitals at the prestigious "Coson Roll of Honor" with ace Nigerian TV broadcaster, Etoma Edu at the Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) 5th Anniversary Celebration and was Co-Host of the 2017 Qtaby Cruiz & Chillz Boat Event with Award Winning Singer & Songwriter, Timi Dakolo.
Honored as an Iconic Woman creating a better world for all by the Women Economic Forum. Recipient of The Nigerian Goodwill Ambassador Award. Recipient of the 2017 Peace Achievers Award. She is a 2015 Global Consciousness Raiser, a 2016 Cover Guardian Woman, RB Magazine Blogger of the month/ spring 2015, an international ambassador for She Matters Movement, an international contributor for The Huffington Post, the first "African Woman Living in Africa" to be featured and spotlighted on Women Rock Project, She serves as a member of the Advisory Executive Council (AEC) under Theme Vertical 18 for the Women Economic Forum (WEF 2017), and a Women Mentoring Women's Mentor for Idea Builders Global Initiative.
- "Alex Okoroji: Women work fifty times harder to gain respect". Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "Alex Okoroji - Public Speaking & Appearances - Speakerpedia, Discover & Follow a World of Compelling Voices". speakerpedia.com. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "The 250 Most Powerful Women (TOP FEMALE LEADERS)". RICHTOPIA. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- Richtopia. "169. Alex Okoroji - The 250 Most Influential Women Leaders - Week 19". www.rise.global. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- Hub, Africa News. "Alex Okoroji Ranked 169th Most Influential Woman In The World". Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Alex Okoroji speaks on her achievement, 'It is humbling'". Encomium Magazine. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Editor, Online (2017-07-02). "Nigeria Goodwill Ambassador Honours Kano State Governor, Juliet Ibrahim". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Buratai, Kachikwu, others for Peace Achievers Awards - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2017-09-19. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Rubies, Women of. "ACTRESS, WRITER & TALK RADIO HOST -ALEX OKOROJI TO RECEIVE ICONIC WOMAN AWARD AT WEF 2017 IN INDIA". Celebrating the everyday woman... Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "Alex Okoroji – WEF Awards". wefawards.org. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Editor (2017-06-06). "Tony Okoroji congratulates daughter, Alex on Richtopia listing | ApexNolly". ApexNolly. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Nigerian Beauties...Beautiful things | Facts About Nigeria". total-facts-about-nigeria.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Okoroji, Alex (2017-01-02). "The NAKED Truth About Real Wealth". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- "Actress Archives - Women Rock Project". Women Rock Project. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
- admin. "#INTERVIEW| ALEX OKOROJI: WOMEN WORK FIFTY TIMES HARDER TO GAIN RESPECT". Celebrating the everyday woman... Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Why my marriage crashed -Alex Okoroji". Independent Newspapers Limited. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "I'm married but to my job – Alex Okoroji". New Telegraph Nigerian Newspaper. July 9, 2016. Retrieved 2016-11-06.
- "Alex Okoroji". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Izuzu, Chidumga. "17 actors you may have forgotten were on "Tinsel"". Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "My ex, Kalu is a good man –Alex Okoroji". New Telegraph Nigerian Newspaper. June 19, 2016. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "I'm Still in Love With Kalu Ikeagwu -alex Okoroji – Celebrities – Nigeria". www.nairaland.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Most Eligible Bachelors on parade (2) -Kalu Ikeagwu". Encomium Magazine. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Agwu, Chief Allen Anya. "I Can't marry for Beauty-Kalu Ikeagwu". Prime Names Magazine. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "ALEX OKOROJI STEPS OUT WITH HUBBY : NIGERIA GENERAL TOPICS, FREE, WEBSITES, INTERNET, SOCIETY, REAL ESTATES, BUSINESS". www.nigerianbestforum.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Ghana, News (October 19, 2011). "Omar Shariff Captan". News Ghana. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Ojoye, Taiwo (June 4, 2016). "My ex hasn't acknowledged his child –Alex Okoroji – Punch Newspapers". Punch Newspapers. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Igboanugo, Ada (June 27, 2015). "Nollywood actress, who took a break, is now ready to have sex". YNaija. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "My Marriage Never Lasted for 2yearsActress, Alex Okoroji". TheNigerianVoice.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Danladi, Tally (December 9, 2013). "TaJuLa's Blog: Ghanaian Tinsel Actor Omar Sharif Captan Gets Hitched AGAIN". TaJuLa's Blog. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "'We are all products of sex' – Alex Okoroji". Encomium Magazine. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "CELEBS SPEAK ON NIGERIA @ 54 – Yes International! Magazine". theyesng.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "The Naked Truth w/ Nigerian Sensation Alex Okoroji! - Frederic Byé - Creative Magic". Frederic Byé - Creative Magic. 2016-03-16. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "SWAV 081 : Living Naked W/ Alex Okoroji - Starts With A Vision". www.startswithavision.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Annual WEF New Delhi May 8 - 13th 2017 - WEF". WEF. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Give Gratitude Summit- Alex Okoroji - Amy Walker Consulting | Your Life, Your Business". Amy Walker Consulting | Your Life, Your Business. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "2016 Women's Virtual Success Summit". EIN Presswire. 2016-08-28. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Meet Our Guests! – Dynamic Women Talk Radio". www.dynamicwomentalkradio.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "WWTBAM's N2m prize money, divine intervention – Dada Marquis — Nigeria Today". Nigeria Today. 2017-05-05. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Nigeria (2017-05-04), Humanitarian- Mrs Dada Marquis On The Hot Seat| Who Deserves To Be A Millionaire?, retrieved 2017-10-15
- "Alex Okoroji's The Naked Talk Hits First Anniversary With Acclaims From Around The World... - Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog". Nigerian: Breaking News In Nigeria | Laila's Blog. 2015-11-29. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Alex Okoroji's The Naked Talk Hits First Anniversary With Acclaims From Around The World..." www.stelladimokokorkus.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "If I'm given wings I will fly -ALEX OKOROJI - The Nation Nigeria". The Nation Nigeria. 2016-01-10. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- Achanga, Emeh. "Actress & International Ambassador- Alex Okoroji Invites You To Join 25 Creative Experts From Around The World..." www.misspetitenaijablog.com. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "I can't wait to film my own personal projects- Alex Okoroji". Nigeriafilms.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "I can never quit acting –Alex Okoroji | Leaders NG". leaders.ng. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "The Naked Talk with Alex Okoroji goes global! | Peoples Post". peoplespostng.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Okoroji, Alex (2015-10-10). The Naked Truth: Lies Stripped... (1 ed.). Alex Okoroji.
- Noble, Barnes &. "The Naked Truth: Lies Stripped". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Timi Dakolo, Alex Okoroji to host launch of Olajumoke Sauce on Cruise and Chillz 4 » YNaija". YNaija. 2017-06-10. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Alex Okoroji: Women work fifty times harder to gain respect". Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Alex Okoroji Covers The Front Page of Guardian NewsPaper – iYODAtv BLOG". blog.iyodatv.com. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "I'm married but to my job – Alex Okoroji". newtelegraphonline.com. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Alex Okoroji | Huffington Post". www.huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Actress Archives – Women Rock Project". Women Rock Project. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- "Alex Okoroji – Media Personality, Creative Entrepreneur | Women Rock Project". Women Rock Project. July 16, 2016. Retrieved 2016-10-26.
- "Them: T18 (Understanding Business Globalization, Creativity & Innovative Leadership) – WEF". WEF. Retrieved 2016-10-26.