|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (August 2013)|
Born 1951 in Muar, Johor, Malaysia, Ong attended the Kuala Lumpur College of Art and graduated in 1977. Since then, he has held at least seven solo exhibitions, the first of which being in 1994. Ong has received two awards from the Malaysian Watercolour Society, one in 1987 and another in 1990, in recognition of his watercolour rock paintings. Ong's works have been cited as being able to "conjure up a romantic expression of life and love", such as the paintings in his 2008 exhibition titled Romance. His third solo exhibition, Seasons 2, which was held in 2002 as a follow-up to 1999's Seasons, reportedly took three years to complete. A member of the Singapore Watercolour Society, he visits New Zealand at least once every year to seek inspiration for his paintings.
- "Alex Ong Boon Hau". Arts.com.my. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Alex Ong - Biography". ArtFacts. Retrieved May 10, 2013. (subscription required)
- Ooi, Kok Chuen (October 25, 2007). "A mad, mad love affair". The Star.[permanent dead link]
- "Alex Ong Boon Hau (Malaysian, 1951)". MutualArt. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Alex Ong Boon Hau". NN Gallery. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "Saturday events". The Star. July 5, 2008.[permanent dead link]
- "Alex Ong Boon Hau – Seasons". ArtFacts. Retrieved May 10, 2013. (subscription required)
- "Members". Singapore Watercolour Society. Archived from the original on December 13, 2004. Retrieved May 11, 2013.