Alex Palmieri in December 2015
|Birth name||Alessandro Palmieri|
January 12, 1991|
|Labels||ItalianWayMusic / Believe Digital|
Alex Alessandro Palmieri (born January 12, 1991) is an Italian singer, songwriter, performer and LGBT activist. He reached media popularity thanks to internet activities and different tv programs. He released 1 Ep, 2 album and 14 singles.
Palmieri had studied dance since he was six and he appeared for the first time in TV in 2010 during Pomeriggio Cinque, a TV show with Barbara D'Urso on Canale 5. In 2011 his first single Move were released. He reached fame and media renown thanks to his performances in several discothèques, TV appearances, including an interview on La3 TV and internet activities. In 2011 he took part in the second edition of the Social King reality show on Rai 2, classifying himself among the four final contenders. During the running period of this TV show the single Popstar was released thanks to the cooperation with the Swedish DJ Tim Bergholm. Later, during the promotional tour, he also presented the song on Match Music TV.
After having released other singles and after several Italian discothèque performances, Palmieri released the single Monster Boy at the end of 2012, produced by Ukrainian Jandy Andrey Prudnikov and in 2013 he performed at gay pride in Milan. This song was also broadcast on Italian TV network Sky Sport during the program Calcio Mercato presented by Alessandro Bonan. In autumn of that year he signed his first record deal with Believe Digital and he published the album Back Alive, co-produced by Bergholm and Prudnikov and anticipated by the first single Wasted. Later Palmieri performed on tour around Italy, performing in clubs and being guest at events related to gay prides. Moreover, he published other singles from the album, always followed by music videos.
In November 2014 he published the first single from the new album, Maniac. This was the video that opened the singer's official Vevo channel and in 2015 he performed during the Verona Pride supporting Ivana Spagna and Power Francers. In November 2015 the album Uncensored was released, it was produced by Believe Digital. The single Nicholas' Got a Secret came out before the album, it was produced by Palmieri and Prudnikov with the participation of Luca Sala. The tour that followed was the first one with dates around Europe, for instance during Regenbogenparade in Vienna, at CSD München, at Warsaw Pride and at Copenhagen Pride. Simultaneously to the European tour, two singles were extracted from the album: Single and Save Me.
In September 2016 Palmieri was one of the love interests in the dating game show Uomini e Donne on Canale 5 during the first gay edition where he stayed for one month, in the same period he renewed his contract with Believe Digital and in November he released the single Online. This song was broadcast in preview on Swiss TV RSI La 2. In 2017, the Online videoclip was broadcast in airplay on TV channels OutTV in Belgium and the Netherlands. Afterwards, the national tour aimed at the promotion of the song started from Cagliari and continued in several other Italian cities. In summer 2017 the tour continued in Europe with three dates in Germany (Konstanz, Mannheim e Düsseldorf), followed by Florence, Budapest and London, marking the singer's first time in the UK: the performance in Trafalgar Square was part of the London Pride, supporting Fleur East gig and where the singer was also interviewed by London Live. Concurrently with the live shows, Palmieri confirmed the making of a new album and in October 2017 the first single But Nobody Knows for the forthcoming album was released. The song was produced between Italy and California by the producer Johann Bach and in November the news agency Adnkronos published the videoclip premiére.
In January 2018 Alex Palmieri released his second album with Believe Digital entitled Reset, an electro-pop work inspired by the sound of the 2000s and for which, once again, Palmieri wrote all the lyrics. The album was recorded in Italy, Ukraine, Sweden and California, with the help of Alex’s fans, who helped raise money for the production thanks to a Crowdfunding campaign. The release of the album was accompanied by the second single Time Resetted (produced together with Alex Zitelli and Livio Boccioni) and followed by a mini TV tour: The singer presented the album on TG Norba 24, on the Swiss channel RSI La 2 and, afterwards on Rai 1, on the television programme Unomattina. In march, during an interview on Radio 105 Network, Palmieri announces the first dates of the Reset Tour.
- Move (2011)
- Back Alive (2013, Believe Digital)
- Uncensored (2015, Believe Digital)
- Reset (2018, Believe Digital)
- Move (2011)
- Popstar (2011)
- Touch Me (2012)
- Monster Boy (2012)
- Wasted (2013)
- Back Alive (2013)
- Lovekiller (2014)
- Maniac (2014)
- Nicholas’ Got a Secret (2015)
- Single (2015)
- Save Me (2016)
- Online (2016)
- But Nobody Knows (2017)
- Time Resetted (2018)
- "STORIE DI COMUNICAZIONE NON CONVENZIONALE: IL CASO ALEX PALMIERI". Ferpi.it. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "ALEX PALMIERI sbanca su iTunes al terzo posto in classifica con "BUT NOBODY KNOWS". NewSpettacolo.com. 2017-10-20. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- Claudio Burdi (2011-11-15). RCS MediaGroup, ed. "Tutti protagonisti con Alex Palmieri". Corriere.it. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri @ La 3 TV (SKY) - Intervista esclusiva per "GLOSSIP". Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alberto Graziola (2015-03-02). Blogo.it, ed. "Alex Palmieri intervistato su Queerblog: dal Maniac Tour… alle nozze gay". QueerBlog.it. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri presenta POPSTAR a MATCH MUSIC (SKYtv). Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri @ SKY SPORT: Intervista a CALCIO MERCATO. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Gabriele Lazzaro (2014-02-12). Società Europea di Edizioni, ed. "Alex Palmieri, una popstar senza santi in paradiso". Il Giornale OFF. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Società Athesis, ed. (2015-05-03). "Il Verona Pride aspetta in città seimila persone". L’Arena.it. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- HOSI Wien (ed.). "Internationales Programm im Regenbogenpark" (PDF). Lambda Nachrichten (in German). pp. 14–15. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- CSD München (ed.). "Alex Palmieri" (in German). Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri, ed. (2016-06-21). "Mensile VIP Party". Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Denis Bocca (2016-09-06). "Trono Gay Uomini e Donne: chi è Alex Palmieri?". LaNostraTV.it. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Molecola, ed. (2016-11-16). "Alex Palmieri racconta il sistema "corrotto" delle chat nel nuovo singolo "Online"". AllMusicItalia. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri - Intervista TV su RSI LA 2. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "Alex Palmieri, l'11 febbraio parte l'Online Tour". PopSoap.it. 2017-02-09. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Londra: Alex Palmieri rappresenterà l'Italia sul palco di Trafalgar Square questo sabato". NewSpettacolo.it. 2017-07-06. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- El-Salahi, Reya (2017-07-08). "Talking Pride with Italian pop star Alex Palmieri". London Live. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Alex Palmieri torna live in Europa in attesa del nuovo disco. Ecco le date in anteprima". AllMusicItalia.it. 2017-06-09. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Una fan ispira Alex Palmieri per "But Nobody Knows": il racconto dell'artista". instante.it. 2017-11-17. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "Diventa video 'But nobody Knows' di Palmieri, a gennaio l'album". adnkronos.com. 2017-11-16. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "Alex Palmieri: 'Premo Reset e riparto con un nuovo album'". blastingnews.com. 2018-01-09. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Alex Palmieri pubblica Reset: "Grazie ai miei fan lancio il mio secondo album"". spettacolinews.it. 2017-12-15. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Alex Palmieri: a gennaio arriva Reset". bitsrebel.net. 2017-12-27. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri: intervista BUON POMERIGGIO su TG NORBA 24. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri - intervista "Il caffè di RAI UNO". Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Alex Palmieri: Dopo l'intervista su RaiUno esplode nelle classifiche iTunes Italia". /music.talkymedia.it. 2018-01-14. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri - Intervista a RADIO 105. Retrieved 2018-03-06.