Alex Palmieri in December 2015
|Birth name||Alessandro Palmieri|
|Born||January 12, 1991|
|Labels||ItalianWayMusic / Believe Digital|
Alessandro "Alex" Palmieri (born January 12, 1991) is an Italian singer, songwriter, performer and LGBT activist. He reached media popularity thanks to internet activities and different tv programs. He released 1 Ep, 2 album and 16 singles.
Palmieri has studied dance since he was six and he appeared for the first time in TV in 2010 during Pomeriggio Cinque, a TV show with Barbara D'Urso on Canale 5. In 2011 his first single Move were released. He reached fame and media renown thanks to his performances in several discos, TV appearances (including an interview on La3) TV and online activities. In 2011 he took part in the second edition of the Social King reality show on Rai 2, classifying himself among the four final contenders. During the running period of this TV show the single Popstar was released thanks to the cooperation with the Swedish DJ Tim Bergholm. Later, during the promotional tour, he also presented the song on Match Music TV.
After having released other singles and after several performances in italian discos, Palmieri released the single Monster Boy at the end of 2012, produced by Ukrainian Jandy Andrey Prudnikov and in 2013 he performed at gay pride in Milan. This song was also broadcast on the Italian TV network Sky Sport during the program Calcio Mercato presented by Alessandro Bonan. In autumn of that year he signed his first record deal with Believe Digital and he published the album Back Alive, co-produced by Bergholm and Prudnikov and anticipated by the first single Wasted. Later Palmieri performed on tour around Italy in clubs and as a guest at events related to gay prides. Moreover, he published other singles from the album, always followed by music videos.
In November 2014 he published the first single from his new album, Maniac. This was the video that opened the singer's official Vevo channel and in 2015 he performed during the Verona Pride supporting Ivana Spagna and Power Francers. In November 2015 the album Uncensored was released, it was produced by Believe Digital. The single Nicholas' Got a Secret came out before the album and was produced by Palmieri and Prudnikov with the participation of Luca Sala. The tour that followed was the first one with dates around Europe, for instance during Regenbogenparade in Vienna, at CSD München, at Warsaw Pride and at Copenhagen Pride. Simultaneously to the European tour, two singles were extracted from the album: Single and Save Me.
In September 2016 Palmieri was one of the love interests in the dating game show Uomini e Donne on Canale 5 during the first gay edition where he stayed for one month, in the same period he renewed his contract with Believe Digital and in November he released the single Online. This song was broadcast in preview on Swiss TV RSI La 2. In 2017, the videoclip of ″Online″ was broadcast in airplay on TV channels OutTV in Belgium and in the Netherlands. Afterwards, the national tour aimed at the promotion of the song, starting from Cagliari and continuing in several other Italian cities. In summer 2017 the tour continued in Europe with three dates in Germany (Konstanz, Mannheim e Düsseldorf), followed by Florence, Budapest and London, marking the singer's first time in the UK: the performance in Trafalgar Square was part of the London Pride, supporting Fleur East gig and where the singer was also interviewed by London Live. Concurrently with the live shows, Palmieri confirmed the making of a new album and in October 2017 the first single But Nobody Knows for the forthcoming album was released. The song was produced between Italy and California by the producer Johann Bach and in November the news agency Adnkronos published the videoclip première.
In January 2018 Alex Palmieri released his second album with Believe Digital entitled Reset, an electro-pop work inspired by the sound of the 2000s and for which, once again, Palmieri wrote all the lyrics. The album included the previous single Online and But Nobody Knows and it's been recorded in Italy, Ukraine, Sweden and California, with the help of Alex’s fans, who helped to raise money for the production thanks to a Crowdfunding campaign. The release of the album was accompanied by the third single Time Resetted (produced together with Alex Zitelli and Livio Boccioni) and followed by a few TV appearances: the singer presented the album on TG Norba 24, on the Swiss channel RSI La 2 and on Rai 1, on the television programme Unomattina. In march, during an interview on Radio 105 Network, where Palmieri announces the first italian dates of the Reset Tour. In summer 2018, live shows have been extended in Europe with gigs in Germany, Poland and Spain  and in september a 4th single from Reset was released, the song against bullying If That Was You. The ballad gathered a positive media attention: in October it was premiered on the Raiuno tv programme Storie Italiane (Italian Stories), hosted by Eleonora Daniele and later on, the channel Rete 4 broadcast a sneak preview of the music video. In January 2019, Palmieri released the last single from Reset, the dance/pop track In the Backstage which he performed on TV, on Raiuno on the programme Unomattina. and in February he announced a repise of the Reset Tour with other 7 italian dates. That summer the Reset Tour went back in Europe, with its conclusive dates in Germany (Munich and Hamburg), Czech Republic (Prague) and Austria where Alex was the only italian singer to take the stage of EuroPride 2019 in Wien. In the meantime, he confirmed the processing of a new album that would be released in 2020. 
- Move (2011)
- Back Alive (2013, Believe Digital)
- Uncensored (2015, Believe Digital)
- Reset (2018, Believe Digital)
- "Move" (2011)
- "Popstar" (2011)
- "Touch Me" (2012)
- "Monster Boy" (2012)
- "Wasted" (2013)
- "Back Alive" (2013)
- "Lovekiller" (2014)
- "Maniac" (2014)
- "Nicholas’ Got a Secret" (2015)
- "Single" (2015)
- "Save Me" (2016)
- "Online" (2016)
- "But Nobody Knows" (2017)
- "Time Resetted" (2018)
- "If That Was You" (2018)
- "In the Backstage" (2019)
- "STORIE DI COMUNICAZIONE NON CONVENZIONALE: IL CASO ALEX PALMIERI". Ferpi.it. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "ALEX PALMIERI sbanca su iTunes al terzo posto in classifica con "BUT NOBODY KNOWS". NewSpettacolo.com. 2017-10-20. Retrieved 2018-04-14.[permanent dead link]
- Claudio Burdi (2011-11-15). RCS MediaGroup (ed.). "Tutti protagonisti con Alex Palmieri". Corriere.it. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri @ La 3 TV (SKY) - Intervista esclusiva per "GLOSSIP". Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alberto Graziola (2015-03-02). Blogo.it (ed.). "Alex Palmieri intervistato su Queerblog: dal Maniac Tour… alle nozze gay". QueerBlog.it. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri presenta POPSTAR a MATCH MUSIC (SKYtv). Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri @ SKY SPORT: Intervista a CALCIO MERCATO. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Gabriele Lazzaro (2014-02-12). Società Europea di Edizioni (ed.). "Alex Palmieri, una popstar senza santi in paradiso". Il Giornale OFF. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Società Athesis, ed. (2015-05-03). "Il Verona Pride aspetta in città seimila persone". L’Arena.it. Archived from the original on 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- HOSI Wien (ed.). "Internationales Programm im Regenbogenpark" (PDF). Lambda Nachrichten (in German). pp. 14–15. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- CSD München (ed.). "Alex Palmieri" (in German). Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri, ed. (2016-06-21). "Mensile VIP Party". Archived from the original on 2016-07-09. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Denis Bocca (2016-09-06). "Trono Gay Uomini e Donne: chi è Alex Palmieri?". LaNostraTV.it. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Molecola, ed. (2016-11-16). "Alex Palmieri racconta il sistema "corrotto" delle chat nel nuovo singolo "Online"". AllMusicItalia. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri - Intervista TV su RSI LA 2. Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- "Alex Palmieri, l'11 febbraio parte l'Online Tour". PopSoap.it. 2017-02-09. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Londra: Alex Palmieri rappresenterà l'Italia sul palco di Trafalgar Square questo sabato". NewSpettacolo.it. 2017-07-06. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- El-Salahi, Reya (2017-07-08). "Talking Pride with Italian pop star Alex Palmieri". London Live. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Alex Palmieri torna live in Europa in attesa del nuovo disco. Ecco le date in anteprima". AllMusicItalia.it. 2017-06-09. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Una fan ispira Alex Palmieri per "But Nobody Knows": il racconto dell'artista". instante.it. 2017-11-17. Retrieved 2017-11-17.[permanent dead link]
- "Diventa video 'But nobody Knows' di Palmieri, a gennaio l'album". adnkronos.com. 2017-11-16. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- "Alex Palmieri: 'Premo Reset e riparto con un nuovo album'". blastingnews.com. 2018-01-09. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Alex Palmieri pubblica Reset: "Grazie ai miei fan lancio il mio secondo album"". spettacolinews.it. 2017-12-15. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Alex Palmieri: a gennaio arriva Reset". bitsrebel.net. 2017-12-27. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri: intervista BUON POMERIGGIO su TG NORBA 24. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri - intervista "Il caffè di RAI UNO". Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "Alex Palmieri: Dopo l'intervista su RaiUno esplode nelle classifiche iTunes Italia". /music.talkymedia.it. 2018-01-14. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri - Intervista a RADIO 105. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- "Parte dalla Spagna il nuovo tour europeo di Alex Palmieri". spettacolinews.it. 2018-04-27. Retrieved 2018-09-30.
- "Alex Palmieri contro il bullismo pensando a Boy George". adnkronos.com. 2018-09-25. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- "Alex Palmieri: "Io discriminato perchè gay. La mia canzone contro il bullismo"". ilsussidiario.net. 2018-10-19. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- "ALEX PALMIERI SU RAIUNO "Ero innamorato del mio migliore amico. Lui tutt'ora non sa nulla"". mondogossip.net. 2018-11-01. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- "Alex Palmieri, il nuovo singolo "In The Backstage" e una nuova tournèe". allmusicitalia.it. 2019-01-14. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- Alex Palmieri (ed.). Alex Palmieri - RAIUNO - TV performance IN THE BACKSTAGE. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "Alex Palmieri, il nuovo singolo "In The Backstage" e una nuova tournèe". socialartist.it. 2019-01-30. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
- "ALEX PALMIERI: SARA' L'UNICO ARTISTA ITALIANO SUL PALCO DELL'EUROPRIDE". mondogossip.net. 2019-05-26. Retrieved 2019-07-23.
- "Alex Palmieri: E' lui l'unico artista italiano all'Europride 2019". talkymedia.it. 2019-05-28. Retrieved 2019-07-23.