Alexander Michael Roe-Brown
May 9, 1990
Alexander Michael Roe-Brown (born June 18, 1990) is a British actor.
Early life and education
Roe was born in London, and grew up in Ladbroke Grove. His father worked as a plumber and his mother was a ballet dancer. He won a sixth-form scholarship to Latymer Upper School in Hammersmith where he studied until 2009.
He enjoys sports especially association football playing as a striker. He joined a Division Two football club when he was 16, and then played in Spain for a year. After he returned to school in England and before his acting career took off, he played semi-professional football with Chalfont St Peter. While he was acting on network television, he was also playing for a Hayes Middlesex Sunday league football team Chiswick Albion in 2010. He continued playing football after he relocated to Los Angeles, where he plays for an amateur team Atlético Silverlake.
Roe first appeared in an advert for Milky Way as a child. He made his acting debut in 2000 in the horror film The Calling when he was 10 years old. Roe also played the lead role of Jay Keaton in CITV's 2005 children's science fiction series The Fugitives.
Jennifer Saunders saw him performing in a school production of Our Country's Good and asked him to audition for her comedy Jam & Jerusalem. After appearing in this production in 2009, he began to land more acting roles. In 2010, Roe played Elliott Baden, a popular competitive swimmer in BBC Two's teen drama The Cut. In 2011, Roe appeared in guest appearances in episodes of Holby City as Connor Lane, Doctors as Matt Goonan, Hollyoaks as Toby, and The Jury as Schoolboy.
In 2014, Roe landed his first television role in the United States and played the male lead as Luke Holt in ABC Family's tennis drama film Unstrung. He relocated to Los Angeles and worked in a number of Hollywood films. Roe played one of the lead roles, Evan Walker, in the 2016 science fiction film The 5th Wave, followed with a starring role as Holt Anthony in the 2017 horror film Rings.
Roe co-starred with Timothée Chalamet in the coming-of-age film Hot Summer Nights, which premiered at the South by Southwest festival in March 2017, and was released in 2018. Also in 2018, he played the leading role as a country singer in Forever My Girl, and learned to sing for the role; and started playing the lead role as Ben Pownall in Freeform's TV series, Siren.
|The Calling||2000||Dylan St. Clair||Credited as Alex Roe-Brown|
|A German Word||2013||Dean||Short film|
|The 5th Wave||2016||Evan Walker|
|Hot Summer Nights||2017||Hunter Strawberry|
|Forever My Girl||2018||Liam Page|
|The Fugitives||2005||Jay Keaton||Main|
|Jam & Jerusalem||2009||Christopher Martin||Guest|
Episode: "Dinner Party"
|The Cut||2010||Elliott Baden||Main|
(seasons 2–3; 21 episodes)
|Holby City||2011||Connor Lane||Guest|
Episode: "Damage Control"
Episode: "Tricky Dicky"
|Unstrung||2014||Luke Holt||Unsold pilot|
- "Alex Roe". British Film Institute.
- Della-Ragione, Joanna (22 January 2016). "Alex Roe, interview: 'I try to avoid being friends with actors — most of my tickets for the premiere were for my football team'". Evening Standard.
- "interview: alex roe". Schön! Magazine. 17 January 2018.
- Street, Tim (18 March 2011). "Chiswick hat-trick hero is BBC The Cut star". getwestlondon.co.uk. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Get to know Alex Roe, the male lead of new horror-thriller "Rings"". InqPOP!. 17 February 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (5 May 2014). "Alex Roe Set To Star In ABC Family Drama Pilot 'Unstrung'; Jay Karas To Direct". Deadline.
- Ford, Rebecca (10 February 2016). "Berlin: Alex Roe to Star in Romantic Drama 'A Moment to Remember' (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter.
- "Alex Roe – Hollywood's Next Contender". Candid Magazine. 18 January 2018.
- Radish, Christina (22 January 2018). "Alex Roe on 'Forever My Girl' and Freeform's Spooky Mermaid Drama 'Siren'". Collider.