|Birth name||Alexander Rosamilia|
|Origin||New Brunswick, New Jersey, US|
|Genres||Alternative rock, punk rock, hardcore, heavy metal|
|Instruments||Guitar, backing vocals|
|Labels||Mercury Records |
Human Blood Records
|Associated acts||The Gaslight Anthem|
Something About Death or Dying
The Killing Gift
Alex Rosamilia (born 1982) is an American musician. Rosamilia is one of the founding members of the band The Gaslight Anthem. He plays lead guitar and provides backing vocals for the band.
The Gaslight Anthem (2006–present)
Rosamilia has been the lead guitarist for The Gaslight Anthem since their formation in early 2006. With the band he has recorded five studio albums, Sink or Swim, The '59 Sound, American Slang, Handwritten, and Get Hurt.
Early Career and Side Projects
Rosamilia has stated that he has "totally superseded all expectations of what [he] wanted to do, as far as being in a band [is concerned]". Rosamilia has a huge fondness of The Cure, calling them "the best band ever" and claiming their album Disintegration is the "best record of all time".
The Killing Gift and Spiro Agnew
His early career involved being in bands such as The Killing Gift, which also included drummer Benny Horowitz, now of The Gaslight Anthem. In more recent years he has been in the band Spiro Agnew which is essentially The Killing Gift line-up without a vocalist.
Hardcore and Metal Endeavours
Rosamilia has also done his fair share of heavier music stating that he "always wanted to be in a heavy band. For me it’s just fun to play, I’ll always be playing" and citing influence by "Converge, Botch, early Cave In, and of course the almighty At the Gates."
Something About Death or Dying
In 2010, Rosamilia started the hardcore metal band Something About Death or Dying and released a five-song digital only E.P. on 11 November 2010 with Darrell Coco, bassist of Spiro Agnew, vocalist Dan Pelic, and drummer Wes Kleinknecht.
Rosamilia and Pelic worked together again to form another metal project dubbed Servitude in 2013. However, it was not until July 2015 when the two debuted their first E.P. recording titled "No Foxhole Prayers" including Brad Clifford (formerly of Poison The Well and Sincebyman) on second guitar, Corey Perez (of Ensign and I Am The Avalanche) on bass and drummer Eric Schnee (of Organ Dealer). The band seems to be purposefully limiting listeners to streaming No Foxhole Prayers for the time being by putting the album "up for sale for an ungodly $666 USD." The band's biography currently states that the album "will see a proper release through Rosamilia’s own Human Blood Records in Fall or Winter of 2015" and "future live shows will be booked as everyone’s schedules allow."
Non-Musical Endeavours and Personal Life
Rosamilia, along with the other Gaslight Anthem members, Brian Fallon, Alex Levine and Ben Horowitz, appeared in an advertisement for Levi Jeans. He is a soccer aficionado and frequently wears FC St. Pauli gear when performing. He is a supporter of English Championship team Derby County. He also supports Major League Soccer in the United States and is a fan of the New York Red Bulls.
- With The Gaslight Anthem
- Sink or Swim Demos (7" vinyl) (2006)
- Sink or Swim (2007)
- Señor and the Queen EP (CD & double 7" vinyl) (2008)
- The '59 Sound (2008)
- Live at Park Ave. EP (10" vinyl) (2009)
- American Slang (2010)
- Tumbling Dice / She Loves You EP (7" vinyl) (2010)
- Handwritten (2012)
- Get Hurt (2014)
- With Something About Death or Dying
- Something About Death Or Dying Downloadable Demo (2010)
- With The Killing Gift
- Who Watches the Watchmen? (2004)
- With Servitude
- No Foxhole Prayers (2015)
- Hugo, Alexander (December 1, 2010). "The Gaslight Anthem – 'Earlier Bands', 'Side Projects', 'Discography' (source of majority of information)". gaslightanthem.org. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- "Future Hits 070: Something About Death Or Dying". Thrash Hits. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Gaslight Anthem guitarist launches metal band". Lambgoat.com. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- Adams, Gregory. "Gaslight Anthem Guitarist Reveals Debut Album with Servitude". Exclaim!. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "No Foxhole Prayers by Servitude". Bandcamp.
- "The Gaslight Anthem on Tour with the Levi's 519". Tumblr. Archived from the original on July 22, 2015. Retrieved July 19, 2015.
- Francis, Shawn (January 19, 2011). "Q&A: Gaslight Anthem guitarist Alex Rosamilia". Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "VIVA Interview: Garry Hayes (The Gaslight Anthem)". VIVA Lifestyle Magazine. 2014-11-17. Retrieved 2017-03-25.[permanent dead link]
- Francis, Shawn. "Q&A: Gaslight Anthem guitarist Alex Rosamilia". New York Red Bulls. Retrieved 19 July 2015.