Scally performing in 2012
July 15, 1982|
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
|Associated acts||Beach House|
Alex Scally (born July 15, 1982) is an American multi-instrumentalist and songwriter. He is best known as the co-writer, guitarist and backing vocalist of the dream pop duo Beach House, with whom he has recorded seven studio albums.
In 2004, Scally founded Beach House with Victoria Legrand in Baltimore. The two had decided to base their project in Baltimore as it was "a place where people can make music intensely, because you don’t have to make much [money] to live [there]." Recalling the formation of the band, Scally said: "We were both just kind of knocking around Baltimore right in our early 20s, and met doing a different musical project, and then [Beach House] kind of grew out of it."
Regarding their early shows, Scally noted: "I'm really glad nobody came to our shows at the start, because we had no idea what we were doing." As of 2018, the group has released a total of seven studio albums.
- "United States Public Records, 1970-2009," database, FamilySearch (16 May 2014), Alex Scally, Residence, Baltimore, Maryland, United States; a third party aggregator of publicly available information.
- "beach house interview alex scally victoria legrand car park carpark baltimore dream-pop tension sexual devotion quotes bella union papercuts dan deacon lyrics music explains year old love dream pop sleep sleepy mazzy star nico".
- "Interview: Alex Scally of Beach House". About. IAC. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- "Beach House: Dream Pop From Baltimore". WBUR-FM. NPR. August 6, 2015. Retrieved December 29, 2015.
- "Alex Scally of dream-pop duo Beach House - interview". The List. The List. October 18, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2015.