|Position:||Tight End / Defensive end|
|Date of birth:||November 15, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Gibbstown, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||267 lb (121 kg)|
|High school:||Paulsboro (Paulsboro, New Jersey)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
New England Patriots
As a defensive end, he was signed by the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2011. On February 4, 2012, he was called up to replace a former college teammate, Tiquan Underwood, on the active roster of the New England Patriots, one day before Super Bowl XLVI. During the 2012 OTAs and minicamp, Silvestro was forced into duty at tight end due to a shortage at that position of the roster.
- Wilson, Aaron (November 7, 2012). "Ravens sign tight end Alex Silvestro to practice squad, cut Dennis Dixon". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- Chappelear, Scott (February 2, 2012). "Paulsboro High School product Alex Silvestro helping Patriots prepare for Super Bowl". Gloucester County Times. Frank Gargano. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Chappelear, Scott (February 5, 2012). "Dream comes true for Silvestro". Gloucester County Times. Frank Gargano. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Reiss, Mike. "Leftovers from Bill Belichick - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Ravens make first batch of cuts ahead of roster deadline". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
Media related to Alex Silvestro at Wikimedia Commons