November 15, 1988 |
Gibbstown, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||267 lb (121 kg)|
|High school:||Paulsboro (Paulsboro, New Jersey)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
New England Patriots
As a defensive end, he was signed by the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2011. On February 4, 2012, he was called up to replace a former college teammate, Tiquan Underwood, on the active roster of the New England Patriots, one day before Super Bowl XLVI, though he didn't appear in the game. During the 2012 OTAs and minicamp, Silvestro was forced into duty at tight end due to a shortage at that position of the roster.
- Wilson, Aaron (November 7, 2012). "Ravens sign tight end Alex Silvestro to practice squad, cut Dennis Dixon". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved November 10, 2012.
- Chappelear, Scott (February 2, 2012). "Paulsboro High School product Alex Silvestro helping Patriots prepare for Super Bowl". Gloucester County Times. Frank Gargano. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Reiss, Mike. "Leftovers from Bill Belichick - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston". Espn.go.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Shpigel, Ben. "One Game to Remember. Just One.These six men are members of an exclusive group: They played only one N.F.L. game. They are proud of the distinction — and sometimes haunted by it. ", The New York Times, November 22, 2017. Accessed November 22, 2017. "In a move perceived as coldhearted from the outside but as standard operating procedure from those within the sport, the Patriots released receiver Tiquan Underwood. Replacing him on the active roster was Silvestro, Underwood’s former teammate at Rutgers.... Despite being active, Silvestro came close to entering only once, when Rob Ninkovich missed a play. Silvestro, Ninkovich’s backup, grabbed his helmet, but when New England switched the defensive front, he was told not to rotate in."
- "Ravens make first batch of cuts ahead of roster deadline". baltimoresun.com. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
Media related to Alex Silvestro at Wikimedia Commons