Alex Soto Hernández (July 29, 1965 – April 9, 2015) was a Puerto Rican actor, comedian and drag queen, who was well known for his transvestite characterizations. Soto was a native of San Juan, where he worked on several theatrical productions.
Soto was born in San Juan, the son of Julio Soto Cosme and Carmen Hernández Coriano. He had two sisters, Magali and Ivette, and a brother, Denis. Since a very young age, he found work as an actor in Puerto Rican theatre, and during the 2000s, he gained popular exposure on the famed television show, Minga y Petraca, playing "Tomasa", a neighborhood lady.
Soto suffered from diabetes and obesity. In 2012, he had his right leg amputated. He flew from Puerto Rico to Boston, Massachusetts, in late 2014, both to be near his sister and to be hospitalized there for diabetes and for an infection on his amputated leg.
Soto suffered a fatal heart attack at the hospital in Springfield, Massachusetts, on the evening of April 9, 2015.
- "Obituary: Alex Soto". Heaven Door Funeral Home. April 9, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- "Recordando a Alex Soto". Univision.com.
- "Alex Soto". QueerMagnet.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-14.
- "Actores de teatro resaltan valía de Álex Soto". Primera Hora.
- Alex Soto "Herejes". YouTube. 8 July 2014.