|Birth name||Alessandro Staropoli|
|Born||9 January 1970|
|Associated acts||Rhapsody of Fire|
Alessandro "Alex" Staropoli (born 9 January 1970 in Trieste, Italy) is a keyboard player, composer, leader and co-founder (with Luca Turilli) of the Italian symphonic power metal band Rhapsody of Fire. He does the orchestral arrangements in all the band's songs. Following the split with Turilli, Staropoli is Rhapsody of Fire's only remaining founding member.
Alex and Luca met in 1990 during a course in mental techniques (how to have more control of your own mind), and together they started the band Rhapsody (later named as Rhapsody of Fire) in 1993.
When Alex was a child he was mainly interested in nature – mountains, forests and lakes. At the age of nine he got his first piano and began to study its basics, and at the age of fourteen he bought his first electric guitar. After meeting Luca, but before the creation of Rhapsody of Fire, he bought a Korg 01/W pro keyboard, a model he still uses.
- "Rock Detector". Archived from the original on 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- "Official Alex Staropoli Website". Archived from the original on 28 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- "Interview With Rhapsody's Alex Staropoli". Metal-rules.com. 2001-02-23. Archived from the original on 22 February 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-23.
- Official Homepage
- Official Rhapsody Of Fire Website
- (in Italian) Interview with Alessandro Staropoli[permanent dead link]
|This article about an Italian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a classical pianist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|