|Born||5 July 1989|
|Notable work||Alternative Living (2015)|
|Style||Natural beauty, Travel|
Alex Strohl (born 5 September 1989) is a French photographer and author, best known for his landscape and outdoor photography. Strohl is based in Whitefish, Montana. In 2018, XXLPIX ranked him in 12th position in the "TOP100 photographers on the web" list (highest new entry). He authored a book named Alternative Living, published by Blurb in 2015.
He moved to Canada from France at the age of 19 to be an adventure photographer.
In the early 2010s, Microsoft contacted Strohl; a college student at the time, about licensing a photo he took of his girlfriend, which he had posted on Flickr, featuring his girlfriend falling backward into a pool and was later used in an international marketing campaign.
Strohl is known for his landscape photography, particularly his photo series entitled "Highlands of Iceland." Strohl's work captures the landscape of various corners of the world, including Iceland's black sand beaches, glacier-cut fjords, and jagged mountains and cliffs. In 2018, he captured an image of a surfer riding waves surrounded by snow and ice in Alberta, Canada. His style draws inspiration from the wildest alpine environments, blurring the lines between humans and nature to create visual experience. In addition to his outdoor work, Strohl also does commercial photography , including fashion, lifestyle, and product photography.
His work has been recognized by notable publications such as National Geographic, Outside Magazine, and Gentlemen's Journal. He has been associated as marketing campaigner and photographer for Apple, Google, Land Rover and Arc'teryx.
- Sacha Jackson (2014). Moon Montréal & Québec City. Hachette Book Group. ISBN 9781612388410.
- Kristina Kobilke (2015). Erfolgreich mit Instagram: Mehr Aufmerksamkeit mit Fotos & Videos (in German). MITP-Verlags GmbH & Co. KG. ISBN 9783958453029.
- "Find Out What Inspires Travel Photographer Alex Strohl's Incredible Work". Travel + Leisure. 16 March 2017.
- Emori, Sami (2 April 2018). "Photographer Alex Strohl Thinks You Should Plan Your Next Trip on An Actual Map". GQ.
- "TOP100 photographers on the web". XXLPIX. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "Instagram snapshots: Montana, US". The Guardian. 10 December 2014.
- Kaufman, Noah (18 November 2019). "How Photographer Alex Strohl Snapped Surfers on a Frozen Canadian River". Condé Nast Traveler.
- "On Special Assignment: Viral Visuals in Whitefish". 17 May 2019.
- "Alex Strohl: Life Off Grid". Sidetracked.
- Romano, Elyse (15 June 2017). "12 Globetrotting Instagrammers To Follow For Epic Travel Inspiration". Dmarge.com.
- Journal, The Gentleman's. "On the road with Alex Strohl | The Gentleman's Journal | The latest in style and grooming, food and drink, business, lifestyle, culture, sports, restaurants, nightlife, travel and power". The Gentleman's Journal.
- Krivaite, Gerda (15 February 2021). "Highlands of Iceland by Alex Strohl". Our Culture.
- "Canon Adds Four Photographers to Explorers of Light Program Expanding Eclectic Mix of Photo Genres | Canon U.S.A., Inc". www.usa.canon.com.
- Babcock, Jill. "Alex Strohl". Leaders.com. Retrieved 16 May 2023.
- "Four Explorers of Light Enhance Canon's Eclectic Photo Genre Mix". Digital Imaging Reporter. 19 January 2023.
- "Canon Explorer | Alex Strohl | Canon U.S.A., Inc". www.usa.canon.com.
- Blake, Ben (20 March 2018). "Espresso in the Mountains: an Interview with Alex Strohl". La Marzocco Home.
- Official website
- Interview: Exploring Peace and Nature with Adventure Photographer Alex Strohl
- Your First Look at Photographer Alex Strohl's Brand-New Book