Telles playing for Galatasaray in 2014.
|Full name||Alex Nicolao Telles|
|Date of birth||15 December 1992|
|Place of birth||Caxias do Sul, Brazil|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|2015–2016||→ Internazionale (loan)||21||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 08 January 2017.
Alex Nicolao Telles (born 15 December 1992) is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a left-back for Portuguese club Porto. He played most of his professional career in Brazil, most notably for Grêmio. Telles is an offensive full-back and is described as a skilled, quick and playmaking defender.
Telles is highly rated in Brazil and was rewarded with a place in the 2013 Brasileirão Team of the Year. He also has an Italian passport.
Telles was born in Caxias do Sul, a city in the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. At the age of eight, he began playing football with the neighbouring kids and was later enrolled to a youth academy of Esporte Clube Juventude.
In December, Telles was transferred to Grêmio after a partnership was established with Juventude. He made his Grêmio debut on 3 February 2013 against Internacional. On 26 May, Telles made his Série A debut, starting in a 2–0 home win against Náutico.
On 22 January 2014, after long negotiations, Telles completed a move to Turkish club Galatasaray for €6 million, signing a contract that will keep him with the club until 2018. He made his debut two weeks later, starting in a 3–0 win against Tokatspor for the campaign's Turkish Cup, and made his maiden Süper Lig debut in a 3–0 home victory against Eskişehirspor on 8 February 2014. Telles made his first assist for the club against Antalyaspor in a 2–2 away game on 17 February. He also scored his first goal for Galatasaray against Akhisar Belediyespor on 8 March in a 6–1 home win.
In August 2015, there were rumours[where?] mentioning Telles as a good choice to fill the place made by the departure of left-back Filipe Luís at Chelsea. In response to the rumour, Galatasaray manager Hamza Hamzaoğlu said the club would only be tempted by an acceptable offer.
Loan to Internazionale
On 31 August 2015, Galatasaray agreed to let Telles join Italian club Internazionale of Serie A on a one-year loan for a €1.3 million fee, in addition to €250,000 if Inter qualify for the group stage of the 2016–17 UEFA Champions League. The deal included a buyout option for €8.5 million, letting Internazionale make the move permanent when the loan deal is finished. Telles' move means he will reunite with Internazionale manager Roberto Mancini in Italy, who previously coached him at Galatasaray.
On 12 July 2016, Galatasaray announced Telles' dealing with Portuguese club Porto for €6.5 million. If Telles agrees another team while playing for Porto, his former team Galatasaray will gain 10% from that transfer.
- As of 11 December 2016
|Internazionale (loan)||2015–16||Serie A||20||0||—||1||0||0||0||—||21||0|
|Porto (loan)||2016–17||Primeira Liga||11||1||—||1||0||8[c]||0||—||20||1|
- "Roberto Carlos'tan Alex Telles yorumu" [Roberto Carlos speaks of Alex Telles] (in Turkish). TRTspor. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- "Seleção do Campeonato Brasileiro Série A 2013" [Best eleven of 2013 Brazilian League] (in Portuguese). CBF. 9 December 2013. Retrieved 19 January 2014.
- EC São José vs. Juventude 1–2; Global Sports Media, 24 January 2011
- Juventude-RS 1 x 1 Cruzeiro-RS - Decepção alviverde em Caxias do Sul! (Juventude-RS 1–1 Cruzeiro-RS — Alviverde disappointment in Caxias do Sul!); Futebol Interior, 20 August 2011 (in Portuguese)
- Grêmio contrata lateral esquerdo Alex Telles e encaminha parceria com o Juventude (Grêmio signs left back Alex Telles and pushes partnership with Juventude forward); UOL Esporte, 12 December 2012 (in Portuguese)
- Deu a lógica: em Gre-Nal quente, Inter vence os reservas do Grêmio; Globo Esporte, 3 February 2013 (in Portuguese)
- Grêmio cumpre promessa, joga bem e vence Náutico pelo Brasileirão; Globo Esporte, 26 May 2013 (in Portuguese)
- Alex Telles Galatasaray'da [Alex Telles to Galatasaray]; Galatasaray's official website, 22 January 2014 (in Turkish)
- Tokatspor 0–3 Galatasaray; Galatasaray's official website, 5 February 2014 (in Turkish)
- "Galatasaray vs Antalyaspor". Galatasaray.org. 17 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Telles ilk golünü attı [Telles's first goal]". Hürriyet. 8 March 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- Galatasaray (1 September 2015). "Alex Nicolao Telles - Geçici Transfer" (in Turkish). Turkish Public Disclosure System (KAP). Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- Alex Telles at Soccerway. Retrieved 13 December 2016.