Alex Torres (musician)
Torres performing with The Dead Rabbitts at 2014
|Birth name||Alexander Ray Torres|
|Born||September 15, 1987|
|Origin||Casa Grande, Arizona, US|
|Genres||Metalcore, post-hardcore, emo, screamo, alternative rock|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass|
|Labels||Epitaph, Tragic Hero, BreakSilence|
|Associated acts||Praisin' Bran, Eyes Set to Kill, Greeley Estates, Alesana, The Dead Rabbitts, Escape the Fate|
Alexander Ray "Alex" Torres (born September 15, 1987) is an American musician, best known for being the guitarist of metalcore and post-hardcore bands Eyes Set to Kill, Greeley Estates, Alesana, and The Dead Rabbitts.
Eyes Set to Kill (2006)
Greeley Estates (2007–2010)
Torres joined metalcore band Greeley Estates in April 2007, along with Joshua "Fergz" Ferguson. He recorded both Go West Young Man, Let the Evil Go East and No Rain, No Rainbow. On June 15, 2010, Greeley Estates officially announced that Torres had left the band, "abruptly" before their Japan tour, to "focus on other musical endeavors", and also announced that bassist David Ludlow would take over guitar and that Micah Kinard, the lead vocalist of Oh, Sleeper, would be filling in on bass. They have since added Kyle Kolesch to be permanent bassist.
Almost immediately after he left Greeley Estates, Torres joined rock band Alesana when their guitarist, Jake Campbell, left the band to be with his family. Torres went through all of Warped Tour 2010 with Alesana and is included on the band's fourth studio album, A Place Where the Sun Is Silent. In 2012 Alex Torres left Alesana for personal reasons.
Dead Rabbitts (2012–2015)
Most recently Torres joined The Dead Rabbitts, side project of Craig Mabbitt replacing Kevin "Thrasher" Gruft. On May 14, 2014, the band streamed a preview via Tragic Hero Records announcing the release of their first single "My Only Regret" and news regarding the album. The band announced on May 16 the title of their new album, Shapeshifter (2014), a track list, and a release date. During this time, he was also the touring bassist for Escape The Fate before Max Georgiev took over. After leaving The Dead Rabbits, he became a Detention Officer.
With Eyes Set to Kill
- When Silence Is Broken, The Night Is Torn (Self-released, 2006)
With Greeley Estates
- Go West Young Man, Let the Evil Go East (Science Records, 2008)
- No Rain, No Rainbow (Tragic Hero Records, 2010)
With Dead Rabbitts
With Greeley Estates
- "Blue Morning"
- "If She Only Knew"
- "Circle VII: Sins of the Lion"
- "Lullaby of the Crucified"
With The Dead Rabbitts
- "Edge of Reality"
- "Deer In the Headlights"
- "ALEX and FERGZ the new guys and jimmy jam!". MySpace. July 13, 2007. Archived from the original on February 7, 2009. Retrieved August 11, 2010.
- "indiestar.tv Graf Wall: ALESANA welcomes a new guitarist, Alex Torres". indiestar. June 24, 2010. Archived from the original on July 1, 2010. Retrieved August 11, 2010.
- "Surprises for Japan!!!". MySpace. June 15, 2010. Archived from the original on February 7, 2009. Retrieved August 11, 2010.
- "The Dead Rabbitts – "Shapeshifter" (Full Album Stream)". YouTube. July 6, 2014. Retrieved July 6, 2014.