Alex Zander Morrow
|Born||Scott Alexzander Tomaini
1989 (age 27–28)
|Other names||Alex Zander Morrow
Junior Torture King
|Known for||youngest US swordswallower|
Alex Tomaini (stage name: Alex Zander Morrow) is a sideshow performer. At the age of 14, he officially became the youngest confirmed sword swallower in the United States. He swallowed his first sword at the 2003 Sword Swallowers Convention in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania before an audience of his peers and international media, only four hours after swallowing his first coat hanger as practice. He later joined a record attempt called "The Big Swallow" in which a group of sword swallowers try to simultaneously swallow as many swords as possible.
- Kushner, David (September 4, 2003). "I Was a Teenage Freak: In Gibsonton, Florida, the Carny Capital of the Nation, a New Generation of Glass Walkers and Knife Throwers Keeps the Sideshow Alive for at Least One More Summer". Rolling Stone Magazine (930). pp. 104–106, 108, 110, 112. (Accessed on November 1, 2008) online version requires registration
- Alex Zander Morrow (August 1, 2004). "Alex Zander - The Junior Torture King" (Interview). Interview with John Robinson. Archived from the original on October 6, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- Records from Swordswallow.com (accessed December 22, 2006).
- Roz Mason (director), Andrew Waterworth (executive producer) (July 2004). Stomachs of Steel (documentary). NHNZ / Discovery Channel.
- News article on 2003 Big Swallow (accessed December 22, 2006).
- "Stomachs of Steel" at Offthefence.com
- The Lizard Man - 2nd Annual Sidehsow Gathering 2003
|This article about an entertainer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|