Alex de Campi
|Alex de Campi|
de Campi at the 2012 New York Comic Con
Alex de Campi is well known for her 2005 mini-series Smoke (published by IDW Publishing, art by Igor Kordey), which was nominated for the Eisner Award for Best Limited Series, and her 2006 manga series Kat & Mouse (published by Tokyopop, art by Federica Manfredi). Some of De Campi's work falls outside the superhero genre, with Smoke being a political thriller, and Kat & Mouse detailing the adventures of two mystery-solving high school students (a "CSI for tweens"); she has published work for children (e.g. Agent Boo) and for the European market (e.g. her French language sci-noir series Messiah Complex).
Her other works includes the Valentine mobile comic, which was the main focus of her column "Uncanny Valleygirl" at the comics industry website Bleeding Cool. and Grindhouse comics for Dark Horse.
The British Science Fiction Association's journal Vector praised DeCampi's work Grindhouse as one of six groundbreaking science fiction works in the comics medium, and declared "...If science fiction was ever a male genre, and comics ever a male medium, de Campi is the saboteur extraordinaire."
De Campi is a filmmaker, directing a number of music videos, including the video for Amanda Palmer's "Leeds United", the animated video for Flipron's "Raindrops Keep Falling On The Dead" (which was featured at the 2008 Marfa Film Festival, and SXSW in 2007), The Real Tuesday Weld feat The Puppini Sisters' "Apart of Me" (shown at Soho Shorts in 2008) and for The Schema's "Those Rules You Made", which made it to number 1 music video worldwide in YouTube in August 2007. She has given a "BBC Two Masterclass" on shooting videos, for Blast (a BBC initiative to encourage creativity in young people), focusing on her October 2007 video for The Real Tuesday Weld versus the Puppini Sisters.
- Smoke (art by Igor Kordey, 3-issue mini-series, 2005, tpb, 156 pages, December 2005, ISBN 1-933239-28-X)
- Kat & Mouse (art by Federica Manfredi, 2006)
- Agent Boo (art by Edo Fuijkschot, 2006)
- Messiah Complex (art by Eduardo Ocana, 2006)
- Adam in Chromaland (art by Luigi Giammarino, 2007)
- Archie vs. Predator (art by Fernando Ruiz, 4-issue mini-series, 2014)
- "Leeds United" - Amanda Palmer (Roadrunner) Aug 2008
- "Last Words" - The Real Tuesday Weld (Six Degrees) Oct 2008
- "Guilty Pleasure" - Manda Rin (ThisisfakeDIY) Oct 2008
- "Lighthouse" - The Duloks (unsigned) - Aug 2008
- "Book of Lies" - Flipron (Tiny Dog) Jul 2008
- "These Eyes" - Martin/Towers (Northstar Records) Feb 2008
- "Jilted" - The Puppini Sisters (Universal) Jan 2008
- "(I Can't Believe I'm Not A) Millionaire" A-side and B-side versions - The Puppini Sisters (Universal) Jan 2008
- "Pretty Little Miss Dysmorphia" - Des O'Connor (unsigned) Jan 2008
- "Apart of Me" - The Real Tuesday Weld feat The Puppini Sisters (Six Degrees) Oct 2007
- "Those Rules" - The Schema (unsigned) Aug 2007
- "Why Dogs Howl at the Moon" - Thomas Truax (ST Records) Jul 2007
- "Dogboy vs Monsters" - Flipron (Tiny Dog) Mar 2007
- "Raindrops Keep Falling on the Dead" - Flipron (Tiny Dog) May 2006
- Manning, Shaun (2005-06-23). "Alex de Campi: Clearing The Smoke". Comics Bulletin. Jason Brice. Archived from the original on 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- Weiland, Jonah (2006-04-05). "Chris Ware & Warren Ellis Lead 2006 Eisner Nominations". Comic Book Resources. Boiling Point Productions DBA Comic Book Resources. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- Kean, Benjamin Ong Pang (2005). "Playing Kat & Mouse with Alex de Campi". Newsarama. Newsarama.com. Archived from the original on May 3, 2007. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- Valentine comic website
- Dueben, Alex (December 15, 2009). "Alex De Campi Celebrates "Valentine"". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on 19 December 2009. Retrieved December 16, 2009.
- "Contributors". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
-  Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- Wonder Woman Has Cellulite Too. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- "SRO Exclusive & Interview - Amanda Palmer Leeds United & Alex de Campi". 2008-11-23. Archived from the original on 2009-01-05.
- "Raindrops Keep Falling On The Dead". Marfa Film Festival 2008. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- Marsden, Rhodri (2007-09-04). "How the internet can make you a pop star for almost nothing". Daily Mail. Associated Newspapers. Retrieved 2007-03-10.
- "Shooting a music video on a shoestring". Blast. BBC. Retrieved 2008-04-09.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alex de Campi.|