This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Alexa Davalos Dunas
Davalos at the 2007 Tribeca Film Festival
Alexa Davalos Dunas
May 28, 1982
|Relatives||Richard Davalos |
Alexa Davalos (born May 28, 1982) is an American actress. Her early role as Gwen Raiden on the fourth season of the TV series Angel (2002–03) was followed by several Hollywood films, including The Chronicles of Riddick (2004), Feast of Love (2007), The Mist (2007), Defiance (2008) and Clash of the Titans (2010). She has also appeared on the television series Reunion (2005–06) and in Frank Darabont's Mob City (2013). She stars as Juliana Crain, a character in the Amazon Studios series The Man in the High Castle (2015–present).
Davalos, an only child, was born Alexa Davalos Dunas in France, to American parents, actress Elyssa Davalos and photographer Jeff Dunas. Her maternal grandfather was actor Richard Davalos. Davalos spent most of her childhood in France and Italy, before settling in New York. She has stated "I tend to curse in French more often than I do in English." She is of Spanish and Finnish descent on her mother's side. Her family name would be spelled originally "Dávalos" in Spanish, with an accent on the first "a". Her father's family is Jewish (her paternal ancestors lived in Vilnius in Lithuania). She was raised "without much religion", though she attended Hebrew school for a time.
Davalos struck out on her own at seventeen and headed to New York City. She supported herself by modeling for photographers like Peter Lindbergh. "I had a mission," she recalls. "I wanted to be out in the world, doing my own thing. Working in a theatre, I discovered that I really wanted to act." Her passion soon grew towards acting, and she attended the Off Broadway Flea Theater in New York.
In 2002, Davalos co-starred with Charlie Hofheimer in the short film The Ghost of F. Scott Fitzgerald, which screened at the 2002 Toronto International Film Festival. In September 2003, she was seen opposite Antonio Banderas in the HBO film And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself. Davalos made her feature film debut in 2004 starring in The Chronicles of Riddick as Jack / Kyra.
Davalos also appeared as the mutant Gwen Raiden in three episodes of the TV show Angel and in 2005 co-starred in the Fox show Reunion. In 2007, she was featured in the romantic drama Feast of Love, which starred Greg Kinnear and Morgan Freeman. She also played Sally in The Mist (directed by Frank Darabont), co-starring Thomas Jane, Laurie Holden and Marcia Gay Harden.
In 2008, Davalos co-starred as the love interest of Daniel Craig in the war film Defiance, directed by Edward Zwick. She played Andromeda in the remake of Clash of the Titans, alongside Sam Worthington, Ralph Fiennes and Liam Neeson. She did not return for the 2012 sequel, Wrath of the Titans, due to a scheduling conflict.
Davalos is a close friend of actress Amanda Righetti, and was Righetti's bridesmaid at her wedding. Davalos considers herself to be a "dork" and loves to travel and read. She guards her private life stating, "I think it's a choice. I think it's a conscious choice, and what you allow to affect you and what you don't."
|2002||Coastlines||Eddie Vance's Girlfriend||Uncredited|
|2002||The Ghost of F. Scott Fitzgerald||Bess Gunther||Short film|
|2004||The Chronicles of Riddick||Jack / Kyra|
|2007||Feast of Love||Chloe Barlow|
|2010||Clash of the Titans||Andromeda|
|2002||Untitled Secret Service Project||Eliza Randolph||Unsold pilot|
|2002||Undeclared||Susan||Episode: "The Day After"|
|2002–03||Angel||Gwen Raiden||3 episodes|
|2003||And Starring Pancho Villa as Himself||Teddy Sampson||Television film|
|2005–06||Reunion||Samantha Carlton||Main role, 13 episodes|
|2006||Surrender, Dorothy||Sara||Television film|
|2007||Raines||Sandy Boudreau||Episode: Pilot|
|2013||Mob City||Jasmine Fontaine||Main role, 6 episodes|
|2015–19||The Man in the High Castle||Juliana Crain||Main role|
|2019||The Punisher||Beth Quinn||2 episodes|
- "Interview: Alexa Davalos "The Chronicles of Riddick" 2". Madeinatlantis.com. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Alexa Davalos".[dead link]
- Pendreigh, Brian. "Obituary - Richard Davalos, actor who starred with James Dean in East of Eden". Heraldscotland.com. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- Schweiger, Daniel (January 2009). "Alexa Davalos Interview". Buzzine. Archived from the original on November 12, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-08.
- "Hollywood Now: Winter Watch List with Lisa Edelstein, Rachel Wei". InterfaithFamily.
- "2002 Toronto Film Festival entries". Digitalhit.com. 2002-08-20. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Movie "Feast" is sumptuous for director Robert Benton". Mlive.com. 2007-12-07. Archived from the original on 2012-09-29. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Mikkelsen and Davalos are the Latest to Join 'Clash of the Titans'". Ropeofsilicon.com. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Rosamund Pike Joins 'Wrath of the Titans' as Andromeda". screenrant.com. 2011. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- Marnell, Blair (2012-03-14). "Alexa Davalos Joins 'L.A. Noir'". CraveOnline. Archived from the original on 2012-06-04. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Celebrity Wedding: Amanda Righetti & Jordan Alan". InStyle Weddings. Archived from the original on 2008-02-09.
- "Alexa Davalos/The Chronicles of Riddick Interview". Filmmonthly.com. Retrieved 2012-08-15.