Areshchenko at the 2013 Chess World Cup
|Full name||Олександр Арещенко|
June 15, 1986 |
Luhansk, Soviet Union
|FIDE rating||2682 (March 2017)
(No. 62 in the January 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2720 (November 2013)|
|This article uses algebraic notation to describe chess moves.|
In 2000, he won the U-14 World Youth Chess Championship that took place in Oropesa del Mar, Spain, ahead of future Super Grandmaster Wang Yue. In 2007 he tied for 2nd–4th with Hikaru Nakamura and Emil Sutovsky in the 5th GibTelecom Chess Festival.
In 2009 he tied for 1st–4th with Humpy Koneru, Evgenij Miroshnichenko and Magesh Panchanathan in the Mumbai Mayor Cup, which he won on a tiebreak. In the same year, he tied for first with Boris Avrukh in the Zurich Jubilee Open tournament and again won the event on a tiebreak.
- White: Sergei Rublevsky
- Black: Oleksandr Areshchenko
1.e4 c5 2.Ne2 d6 3.g3 Nf6 4.Bg2 e5 5.c3 Be7 6.d4 cxd4 7.cxd4 O-O 8.Nbc3 a6 9.O-O b5 10.a3 Bb7 11.Be3 Nbd7 12.h3 Re8 13.g4 Nb6 14.b3 Rc8 15.Rc1 Nfd7 16.Qd2 d5 17.Nxd5 Nxd5 18.Rxc8 Qxc8 19.exd5 e4 20.Nc3 Bxa3 21.Nxe4 Qa8 22.Nc5 Bxd5 23.Bxd5 Qxd5 24.Nxd7 Qxd7 25.b4 a5 26.bxa5 Qd5 27.Qd3 b4 28.a6 h5 29.Bf4 hxg4 30.hxg4 Ra8 31.Re1 Bb2 32.Re4 b3 33.Qf3 Bxd4 34.Bc1 Qc6 35.Ba3 b2 36.Bxb2 Bxb2 37.Qe2 Bf6 38.a7 g5 39.Qe3 Kg7 40.Rb4 Qd7 0-1
- Boytsun, Olena (2005-09-05). "Areshchenko wins the Ukraine Championship". ChessBase. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Akopian wins GibTel Masters in Gibraltar". ChessBase. 2007-02-04. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- Zaveri, Praful (2009-05-15). "Areshchenko triumphs in Mayor's Cup – Jai Ho Mumbai!!". ChessBase. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Areshchenko wins Zurich Jubilee on tiebreak". ChessVibes. 2009-08-16. Archived from the original on 20 August 2009. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Archive. Tournament report January 2011: M.Chigorin Memorial 2010". FIDE. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "9th Parsvnath International Open Chess Tournament". Chessdom. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a Ukrainian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|