|Born||30 April 1964|
Foreign Language Expertise
Alexander Sabino Argüelles (often spelt Arguelles[a]) is an American linguist notable for his work on Korean. He is highly committed to the learning of foreign languages, and was profiled in Michael Erard's Babel No More. He currently teaches at the American University in the Emirates.
- Alexander Argüelles and Jong-Rok Kim (2000). A Historical, Literary and Cultural Approach to the Korean Language. Seoul: Hollym.
- Alexander Argüelles and Jong-Rok Kim (2004). A Handbook of Korean Verbal Conjugation. Hyattsville, Maryland: Dunwoody Press.
- Alexander Argüelles (2007). Korean Newspaper Reader. Hyattsville, Maryland: Dunwoody Press.
- Alexander Argüelles (2010). North Korean Reader. Hyattsville, Maryland: Dunwoody Press.
- Alexander Argüelles (1994). Viking Dreams: Mythological and Religious Dream Symbolism in the Old Norse Sagas. Doctoral dissertation, University of Chicago.
- Alexander Argüelles (1999). 프랑스동사변화안내: La Conjugaison des Verbes. Seoul: 신아사.
- Alexander Argüelles (2006). English French Spanish German Dictionary. Beirut, Lebanon: Librairie du Liban.
- The original Spanish pronunciation of Argüelles is [aɾˈɣweʎes].
- Erard, Michael (2012). Babel No More: The Search for the World's Most Extraordinary Language Learners. New York: Free Press.
- August 2006
- July 2008
- July 2009
- December 2010
- January 2012
- March 2012
- April 2012
- June 2012
- February 2014