Alexander B. Rossino
Rossino is the author of Hitler Strikes Poland: Blitzkrieg, Ideology, and Atrocity (2003) and a novel, Six Days in September: A Novel of Lee's Army in Maryland, 1862 (2017). With Gene M. Thorp, he is the co-author of The Tale Untwisted: George McClellan and the Discovery of Lee's Lost Orders, September 13, 1862 (2019).
From June until October 1999, as a PhD candidate at Syracuse University, Rossino held a Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies fellowship at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum to study "German Soldiers, the Polish Campaign, and the Nazification of the Wehrmacht". He was awarded his PhD that year for a thesis entitled "September 1939: The German army and the invasion of Poland".
Hitler Strikes Poland
The cover photograph for Hitler Strikes Poland shows German film director Leni Riefenstahl witnessing the murder of Jews in the town of Końskie in occupied Poland. Christopher Browning wrote: "Rossino’s fine study provides the 'missing link' between the traditional German expansionism of World War I and the 'war of annihilation' against the Soviet Union in 1941."
- (2003). Hitler Strikes Poland: Blitzkrieg, Ideology, and Atrocity. University Press of Kansas. ISBN 0-7006-1234-3
- (2017). Six Days in September: A Novel of Lee's Army in Maryland, 1862. El Dorado Hills, CA: Savas Beatie. ISBN 978-1611213980
- (2019) with Gene M. Thorp. The Tale Untwisted: George McClellan and the Discovery of Lee's Lost Orders, September 13, 1862. El Dorado Hills, CA: Savas Beatie.
- (1997). "Destructive Impulses: German Soldiers and the Conquest of Poland". Holocaust and Genocide Studies. 11(3) (Winter): 351–364.
- (1999). "Eastern Europe Through German Eyes: Soldiers' Photographs 1939–42". History of Photography. 23(4) (Winter): 313–321.
- (2001). "Nazi Anti-Jewish Policy during the Polish Campaign: The Case of Einsatzgruppe von Woyrsch". German Studies Review. 24 (February): 37.
- (2003). "Polish 'Neighbors' and German Invaders: Contextualizing Anti-Jewish Violence in the Bialystok District during the Opening Weeks of Operation Barbarossa". Polin: Studies in Polish Jewry. 16: 431–452.
- (2003). "War of Extermination: The German Military in World War II, 1941–1944". Holocaust and Genocide Studies. 17(3) (Winter): 508–511.
- "Hitler Strikes Poland". University Press of Kansas.
- Groeling, Meg (2018). "Six Days In September: A Novel Of Lee's Army In Maryland, 1862". Civil War Book Review. 20(1).
- "Alexander Rossino". United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- ""History: Dissertations"". Syracuse University.
- Rossino, Alexander B. (2003). Hitler Strikes Poland: Blitzkrieg, Ideology, and Atrocity. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas. p. 186. ISBN 0700613927.
- "Hitler Strikes Poland: Blitzkrieg, Ideology, and Atrocity / Edition 1". Barnes and Noble.