||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016)
Alexander Badawy (November 29, 1913 – May 1986) was an Egyptian Egyptologist. He was born in Egypt and taught Egyptology in the United States. He was professor emeritus of art history at UCLA, and when he retired he endowed a chair (in 1985) at Johns Hopkins University, currently held by Betsy Bryan.
- Coptic Art and Archaeology: The Art of the Christian Egyptians from the Late Antique to the Middle Ages, 1978
- Architecture in Ancient Egypt and the Near East, 1966
- A history of Egyptian architecture
- ^ University of California: In Memoriam, 1987
- ^ jhu.edu ALEXANDER BADAWY CHAIR IN EGYPTIAN ART AND ARCHAEOLOGY