Alexander Chow (simplified Chinese: 曹荣锦; traditional Chinese: 曹榮錦; pinyin: Cáo Róngjǐn) is a Chinese American theologian. He is Senior Lecturer in Theology and World Christianity and co-director of Centre for the Study of World Christianity at New College, University of Edinburgh. His research interests include contextual theology, Christianity in China, Chinese philosophy and religion, public theology, and digital theology.
Born and raised in Southern California, he completed a MA in biblical studies and theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in 2006 and a MTh in theology at Regent College in 2008. He finished his PhD in theology in 2012 at the University of Birmingham, supervised under Edmond Tang. He then spent a year in the School of Liberal Arts at Renmin University of China as a postdoctoral fellow. He joined the University of Edinburgh as a Chancellor Fellow in September 2013. He is now senior lecturer in theology and world Christianity and co-director of Centre for the Study of World Christianity.
He is an editor of the journal Studies in World Christianity and the Chinese Christianities book series of Notre Dame Press. He is also the chair of Chinese Christianities Program Unit at American Academy of Religion.
- Theosis, Sino-Christian Theology and the Second Chinese Enlightenment (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013; Chinese edition: Institute of Sino-Christian Studies, 2015)
- Chinese Public Theology: Generational Shifts and Confucian Imagination in Chinese Christianity (Oxford University Press, 2018).
- "Dr Alexander Chow". The University of Edinburgh. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Chow, Alexander (2013). Theosis, Sino-Christian Theology and the Second Chinese Enlightenment: Heaven and Humanity in Unity. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 9781137312624. OCLC 844772768.
- "Profile". Alexander Chow. 2011-03-21. Retrieved 2019-03-13.